Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1912 Elgin GF Pocketwatch FS

DerMann

Practically Family
Well, this college student is in dire need of cash.

This is the pocket watch that I sent to Paul's Watch an Clock Repair last summer.

It's a very standard and elegant pocket watch. Seven jewels, gold filled case with mild brassing on the stem and a few edges, white dial, blue hands, black Arabic numbers marking the hour and red Arabic numerals marking minutes, a second dial in the six o'clock position. I've confirmed the date and jewel content with the serial number on a couple sites.

The watch ran amazingly until it suffered a fall this year. The crystal fell off and now the back will not open.

Instead of subjecting it to another possibly fatal fall, I invested money into a wrist watch. Basically, I don't need this thing laying around and someone else may be able to put it to better use.

Asking $35 (less than what I paid for it on eBay) plus shipping, and I'll include a 14" GF chain as well.

Pictures will come today after classes.

DerMann

Practically Family
Again, to clarify, it is does not run. The stem can still be operated, so the internals are probably not all shot, some things may have just gone out of whack, I don't really know :/

As of now, I cannot locate the crystal. Before the watch fell to its death, the crystal (original) had some mild to moderate scratches (nothing too deep, but still noticeable).

Forgot to mention it, but if I recall correctly, it is a size 17.

Front:

Back:

The back picture sort of illustrates where most of the brassing is located - around the back edge of the case. The picture of the front also illustrates the brassing found on the stem (I'd say it's pretty noticeable).

Again, $35 plus shipping.

More pictures on request.

*EDIT*

I tried to correct the colour of the photos in PS, and they're fairly accurate, with the exception of the hands. They are a good darkish blue, not grey or black.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
That'll be a beauty for anyone to fix up. I'd invest in it too, but I'm in the similar school boat, except mine is the "transitioning from Undergrad to Graduate and/or full time 'grown up' job".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy