Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s Cap - Deadstock French Newsboy Cap Size 7

This is another from my "maybe keep" pile that has not made it to the "definitely keep" pile. It's a French cap, and is deadstock, retaining it's paper label stitched under the brim, and a brown paper insert (not pictured) inside the crown to protect the satin liner from staining/damage before sale. The brim of course has a snap.

The cap is made of a grey and black tweed arranged in boxes, with lots of flocking. A very interesting fabric indeed! it's marked a size 55 (6 7/8) but see measurements. I (7 LO) can comfortably wear this without creating a mark on the forehead or inducing headaches. The crown laid flat measures 10 1/2" side to side, and 10" front to back. The interior circumference measures as follows: 21.75", 22", 21.875" for an average of 21.875", solidly a size 7. Condition wise the fabric is excellent, with some light storage dust that will clean easily.

I'd like to get $125 for the hat. Shipping extra to be calculated based on destination. PM with interest or questions.

greycheckaeroclubcap1.jpg

greycheckaeroclubcap6.jpg

greycheckaeroclubcap2.jpg

greycheckaeroclubcap3.jpg

greycheckaeroclubcap4.jpg

greycheckaeroclubcap5.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner