Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's Flapper Dress

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I'm weeding through my Vintage Clothing and Accessories and I have chosen this item exclusive for the FL gals

This dress has been in my collection for over 15 years and I have never touched it. I have tried it on once (just for this particular reason) and it does fit perfectly, my sizes are 38" Bust, 28" Waist and 38" hips.

The dress itself is very very fragile. The lace, as shown in the pictures, is torn and the black fabric is very thin and has a few pinholes around the hem. It could be fixed with a lot of tender loving care, but I feel as though this dress may serve as resource/research material ONLY.

The beading is wooden and I have found that inside on each side of the dress where the hips are there are 2 pockets that hold a small coin sewed into the dress. I am not sure if this was to keep the dress weighted down when dancing (???) I am sure someone in FL may know the real reason for these "coins". The lace sleeves are bell-shaped and the elbows have been cut-out for free movement of the arms. The right sleeve is fine, but the left sleeve (as you can see) is fraying and coming apart.

The dress does come from a smoke-free home and has never been folded. This dress is sold "AS IS" I'm hoping with the pictures and the description that I have described the dress sufficiently.

I am asking $40.00 and $7.00 s/h, which includes Insurance. I am truly sorry but I will ship this item only in the US.

FlapperDress_101.jpg
FlapperDress_102.jpg
FlapperDress_103.jpg
FlapperDress_104.jpg
FlapperDress_105.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24