Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s Norfolk jacket

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Do you need to take the 20s jacket apart? If you want to study one without ripping its guts out, I can probably provide one (it might even fit you!) … but I suspect you want to see how manly the armpit stitching is.:eusa_doh:

this isn't my dream 20s jacket but as i'm dying to own an original early 20s American suit jacket (mainly to look at the construction details) i'd probably bid on it... if the seller accepted UK bidders, which they don't. [huh]

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Do you need to take the 20s jacket apart?

Baron, i didn't mean to take apart exactly; more to study in close up the details and interior finish, fabric type, amount of padding etc.
i have quite a few clothes now that i'll never wear but keep for 'tailoring reference'. an early 20s American jacket is something i'd love to add to the reference section. ;)

OK, let me get some photos. I found the HSM jacket I was looking for in my boxes, and while I'm convinced it is a 20s jacket (lapels, buttons, liner, length(!), etc.), it has quite pronounced shoulder pads. The other one (which you've seen already) is padless or very lightly padded but has similar lapels, liner, buttons, etc.). I admit to being not fully au fait with the changes in pad fashion through the 1920s. The Leyendecker drawings are all over the place in terms of padding in the 20s, probably due to the long time period he covered.

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Baron,
the only one of your 20s jackets i think i've seen is the dark blue one on your blog, but it looks a bit later than the 20-23 period i'm interested in (it looks more mid-late 20s).
i'm hoping to one day own one of the serious narrow shoulder high-waist early 20s ones even if it doesn't fit me at all.

(i know i've just made a suit which ticks all the boxes but there's no substitute for handling the real thing)

SteveAS

Practically Family
Well, it took a few days, but the seller got back to me with the chest measurement. He wrote: "chest circumference (a more accurate measurement) is: 44 1/2"."

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
You're probably better off having not bid. I tried to contact that seller regarding another item but received no reply to my initial email or follow up. In my experience, poor responsiveness is a classic sign of a troublesome/problematic/bad eBay seller . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran