Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s suits

cpdv

One of the Regulars
around 1919 or so I would guess and i can see hintings of a jazz suit frock in that jacket. Is it just me or is it a single button front? And his trousers are defiantly out of style.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
And his trousers are defiantly out of style.

out of style for what ? see ad just posted from 1922 (his waistcoat is on that same page too).

this one also has the steeply angled chest pocket:

cityofshadows02.jpg

Last edited:

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Let me rephrase that. They are outside of the norm. I can buy bell bottom cut jeans at Old Navy but it doesn't mean they are fashionable. Those cut of trousers seem to be more at home with adds i've seen from the late teens like some of the off the wall fashions of then.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
HBK: Let me guess: You are looking for advice on that style of suit in advance of your next project?

i'd love to see actual photos of one. the glove leather body lining has really caught my imagination. yes, one of these is on my 'to do' list though i'm not sure if it will be next or not.

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Two words for you HBK: 'Bedford Cord'.

Much harder wearing than the regular soft, shiny corduroy (that I dislike so much). And you can sometimes get some really heavyweight Bedford Cord.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
TT, i'm sure you're right about Bedford cord being more hardwearing, but i've never seen any in that dark olive colour have you ?

i have a swatch of 'Keepers Tweed' from Bookster which is incredibly heavy and tough, but i'm not sold on the colour.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I did have some trousers in dark olive Bedford Cord (which are worn out now). They were made about 12 years ago, so it may be more difficult to find now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24