Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1927 Webster's New Int'l Dictionary

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I thought perhaps one you folks with a vintage-inspired office or den might enjoy this awesome old tome. I've been lugging it around with me for decades and I think it's time to pass it along.

It is almost six inches thick, the last inch of which consists of a History of the World reference. Zillions of pictorial illustrations, many in full color.

If you're a logophile like me, this massive book will delight you. If you'd like pictures of various parts, let me know via PM. ( I didn't want to take up FL space if there's no interest.)

I only want 30 bucks plus actual shipping, which might be surprisingly inexpensive if shipped "media mail." The thing must weigh 20 lbs.!

imageeyq.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I found a 1940 version of same quite a few years back. It's been on the shelf for a long time, but I still love it. It's fun to browse though the definitions, because even in a dictionary, you can feel the difference in era.
Somebody! Grab this! It's a cool thing!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, dhermann1! It is indeed a fun book to have at one's fingertips.

I'll be posting this on EBay tomorrow unless I get a taker. (I see two lesser examples on there for many times my price.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24