Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930 Bridge Arm Floor Lamp

storman113

Familiar Face
I really like the mica shades. Thanks for URL posting. They sure don't give em away though! Now when I'm out and about I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Say, that link helped out! I like the mica shade, the last one with the painted detail... very 30s!

Say, Storman113, I recently picked up another bridge lamp, it's some what simular to the one I posted earlier, however, it's not silver, it's a darker aged cast iron or something... it's heavy but, is deco and has a few nice details, has a really ugly cord on it, the socket was replaced at one time... has a glass shade that I'm not crazy about... I couldn't resist, it was only $46. bucks! Keep your eyes out in Tuscon, if you're still there... We visit twice or three times a year, always find great things there for reasonable prices. Also, try your hand at eBay, there are so may great lamps on there from time to time!

storman113

Familiar Face
Did find one in Tombstone of all places! Very nice onyx stone accents of good size. Shade was homemade stained glass and didn't look good at all with style of lamp. But, was way over priced. Kinda thinking of making offer if they remove the shade, couldn't when I was there as I was riding my motorcycle. After the Gem and Fossil show here in Tucson I might drive down. If I don't get it, I'll post picture and contact info on here. They said they would be happy to ship it.

Forgotten: Would love to see pic of your newest lamp.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have the wiring replaced or at least carefully checked by a licensed electrician. Insulation that old has a tendency to harden and begin to crack off, short out or start a fire, and there's some fraying at the top.

storman113

Familiar Face
Agree with Mike in Seattle.

The cord, plug and socket should be changed out. With repo's of cloth cords and plugs easily available it not only makes the lamp safe, but it will now last many many more years.

storman113

Familiar Face
Called dealer about lamp in Tombstone, they accepted my offer. So picked it up today. Was able to verify the bridge is brass. The shade is cheap plastic stained glass and to the Goodwill it will go. If unable to find a nice one before too long, will go to antiquelampco and order up the mica shade they have. It needs a good cleaning and electrics replaced. Already taken apart and packed for trip home.

OnyxLamp1.jpg

OnyxLamp2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner