Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s/40s Glen Plaid 3-piece suit Size 36-37

A nice late 30s/early 40s suit I bought from Art Fawcett. It's just always been too long for me. Lovely grey and white glen plaid with a red overcheck. It was made by Neff Clothing of Atlantic, Iowa. Fits like a regular to long 36-37 chest. (See measurements for best fit). One flaw that I can spot is a tiny hole on the front of the jacket (see arrows in pictures). it's quite minor and blends quite well into the fabric, but you might want to get it rewoven. I'll have The Baroness look give it one more look over before I complete any deal to sell the suit, just to make sure there aren't any great flaws that I missed. I am in Hong Kong and the suit is in London, but The Baroness can deal with shipping it.

I'm looking to get £150 for the suit. That about covers what I paid in all with shipping from the US and Import duties/fees. Shipping is extra and to be determined by shipping destination. I prefer cheques from people within the UK, and Paypal is OK for others. PM me with interest.

Jacket
Chest: 20" flat across front
Shoulder: 18.5"
Arms: 24.25"
Length: 30.5" from base of collar

Waistcoat
Chest: 18.75"
Length: 23.25" to points in front

Trousers
Waist: 15" +1" to come out
Inseam: 28" + 5.5" to come down
Outseam: 39"
Cuff: 9.75" across and 1.5" deep

GlenPlaidSuit1.jpg

GlenPlaidSuit2.jpg

GlenPlaidSuit3.jpg

GlenPlaidSuit4.jpg

GlenPlaidSuit5.jpg

GlanPlaidSuit6.jpg

GlenPlaidSuit7.jpg

bk

Last edited:

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Baron,
A friend of mine is interested but he doesn't have an account on here... yet.
I'll send you a PM with his info so you can contact him on the side.

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Just a reminder, Baron, I sent a PM about a friend who'd like to buy it.
I can connect you with him since he currently doesn't have an account on here.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80