Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's inspired mens shirts and ties...? Where???

benstephens

Practically Family
On another note, I also have a couple of shirts from the vintage shirt company. The cream one I have I wear a lot, although I do have a wardrobe full of original shirts, I do not wear them as much.

Ben

Jay

Practically Family
I'd like to add not to completely rule out 70s shirts. In my weekly travels to various thrift stores and the like, I've run across a lot of different examples of 70s collars, from the wide-spaced, clunky looky jobs, as favored by Mr. John DeLorean here:
050320_delorean_obit_vlrg_11a.widec.jpg

to polka-dotted polyester jobs. In between, however, I've found a couple of all-cotton, 30s styled collared shirts, that were made in the 70s.

Edit: I'll try and find a pic of the one I have.

Edward

Bartender
Paddy, have you had a look into Marksies' custom shirts range? You can order one of those from about £30. not the very cheapest, though Marksies stuff does wear well (one of my favourite shirts for the collar shape etc is a Marksies I've had for about 16 years or maybe more, and it has just started to fray on the cuffs. Can't being myself to throw it out just yet, though..... (Might even turn it into a short sleeve for casual wear....).

Anyhow.... out of the collar shapes, this option looks like it has potential for a 30s vibe:

collar_zoom_20017

To my eye, that should be sufficietly narrow a gap to take a collar bar. Double cuffs are also an option here. That combination is the big attraction for me: I find it impossible in most any off the rack shirt to find both a pointed collar (as opposed to the city-boy wide spread collar shape) and a double cuff. I intend in due course to pick up a couple of these shirts to begin with - I'll let you know how I get on, pictures etc.

ETA: Those London Shirts straight collar models look great..... just a pity that they only do button cuffs. I don't mind a button cuff for casual wear, but I'm trying to build up my wardrobe with more double cuffed shirts as I really prefer to wear these with cufflinks rather than a button-fastening barrel cuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails