Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1942/43 Army Shoos (pics)

JamesT1

Familiar Face
Shooman, those boots look rather nice although I am curious as to the shoe in your avatar. What is that gem?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Which army we talking about here? One with "ECLAT", obviously.

?©clat n. Great brilliance, as of performance or achievement; conspicuous success; great acclamation or applause; (archaic) notoriety or scandal.

The Shooman

Practically Family
The shoos were made in local factories in Melbourne, AUSTRALIA. Made specifically for use in the Australian Army.

Many cordwainers and shoo factories in Melbourne 70 years ago. Fitzroy and Collingwood had alot of shoo-making activity going on.

The Shooman

Practically Family
All the shoos l have photographed and spoken about are made from Melbourne Australia....in a factory. My grandmother helped make those shoos above.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
WW2 shoes

The Shooman said:
(Click on pics to enlarge).

I remember in the military cadets back in the late 1960s we still saw and were issued with a lot of WW2 stuff. I loved the cadets and that began my fascination with military shoes and boots - an interest that has returned in my 50s.

I was always amazed how everything was marked with the date of manafacture and it was always 1943 or 1944 for some reason. Did nothing get made before or after those dates or is it the the peak period on a war footing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21