Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1947 Levis help

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I've actually machine washed a few pair of mine- a gentle or woollens setting, minimal spin and hang dry. But the secret is to wear them as long as you can between washes- then when you wash them, they start to get the 'right' kind of fading character and 'hige'. Putting them in the dryer will ruin them- they lose the finish that makes them 'vintage', the weave tightens up and gets a fur on it like 'Mall' 501s.

B
T

shamus

Suspended
What finish are you refering to? I thought they were just denim?

I've dryed mine and they're still really dark blue. I thought the vintage levis used a different denim then the current levis and it is that denim that makes a real pair look like a real pair.

I'm not sure I can go but a few times wearing them without washing them... They just feel dirty... And I don't baby my jeans... Even today I was up on the roof trimming limbs and climbing around in my 55's.

I bought them because they were just made better than todays jeans. I bought them more for what they were than a fashion statement... but I still roll up the legs to show off the redline.. I'm not a slave to fashion, just an indentured servant...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points