Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950 Taubers Horsehide Police jacket-Detachable Collar-40/42

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Each time I sell a Taubers I recall my first transaction on this classified. A seller, long gone, sold me some jackets and told me to watch for Taubers. Since then I have owned several and three in my closet. The Brand really got me curious about researching the makers.

Taubers started around 1941 focusing on riding gear, Police jackets. Housed in the Mission Street area of San Francisco leather garment district. They had much competition and inspiration from Ralphs-Pugh, Block, Levi, Sierra, United Sportswear, all in the SF area.

Taubers did not do a lot of labels in the early years. I believe there was an earlier label than the Knob Hill label, I'm just not certain I have an image. The Knob Hill label probably has it's origins in the later 40s and goes into the 1950s. It is not seen that often. I'm call this Taubers a 1950.

Often a vintage jackets has one aspect that just makes it special. In this case it is the detachable collar. While these collars present on other police jackets they just don't surface on Taubers. I've only seen an handful with an original collar.

It is Horsehide like all the early Taubers. The condition is excellent with need for a couple of stiches on one shoulder. Zipper is well sewn. Very nice inner hem in light leather, very distinctive. Inner Storm cuffs. Nice original label with size 42 tag intact.

Check out the Videos and all the pictures to determine the proper size. I can not zip it, but works for me through the upper body. Too much middle for me. I'm 190 in the pictures.

This is a great one. Well worth the money now and in the future. Price to sell.

Price: $575 shipped in CONUS.

Many pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KKgxTWYqvceboePA7

DSC00971.jpg
DSC00975.jpg
DSC00978.jpg
DSC01012.jpg
DSC01025.jpg

Starts out with the Hercules then goes to the Taubers

Attachments

• DSC00723.jpg
    DSC00723.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 314

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
if it was 25 inch back, you'd have my money and this would probably be my "long hiatus" (not quite end game) jacket. Been searching for a Cal like this long time with this color collar. But I need a little longer. I already have too many that are short. Someone going to get a dream jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the inquiries.

I'm looking around for my next offerings. I am down to the best, so I'm being careful.

The Vintage market is growing with more information available for buyers wanting to start or maintain a collection. I will always provide what information I have on the jacket and maker.

I have searched for the most interesting/unique vintage jackets to offer. A jacket that will maintain its' value going forward in time is a good value.

I am offering a Value guarantee on this jacket and the 1949 Hercules just sold. Both were bought by the same person.

Hercules: $590 Taubers: $575

In one year, if you are not satisfied, I will buy back the jacket for the original selling price. After notification, at the one year mark, I will have 30 days to provide the buyer with their original selling price. The jacket must be in the same condition as sold and buyer must pay shipping to me on a return.

I have discussed this with the seller as a future option. I am now offering it on these two recent offerings. I will contact the buyer with this public offer.

I plan to offer this on select Vintage jackets going forward.

Thanks! T.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Thanks for all the inquiries.

I'm looking around for my next offerings. I am down to the best, so I'm being careful.

The Vintage market is growing with more information available for buyers wanting to start or maintain a collection. I will always provide what information I have on the jacket and maker.

I have searched for the most interesting/unique vintage jackets to offer. A jacket that will maintain its' value going forward in time is a good value.

I am offering a Value guarantee on this jacket and the 1949 Hercules just sold. Both were bought by the same person.

Hercules: $590 Taubers: $575

In one year, if you are not satisfied, I will buy back the jacket for the original selling price. After notification, at the one year mark, I will have 30 days to provide the buyer with their original selling price. The jacket must be in the same condition as sold and buyer must pay shipping to me on a return.

I have discussed this with the seller as a future option. I am now offering it on these two recent offerings. I will contact the buyer with this public offer.

I plan to offer this on select Vintage jackets going forward.

Thanks! T.

Hey Terry, this is a really STAND UP policy you are offering. Also something interesting and forward thinking as to how we sell jackets. In effect, the Buyer can also be assured of the fairness of the price by the fact that you will buy it back at that price after a year. Cool idea man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk