Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's Hubley Atomic Disintegrator replica

Rupert T. Firefly

New in Town
I was looking for one of these for awhile. They always were in some kind of bad shape. So...I made my own. The master pattern is SLA(sort of like 3D printing but better IMHO).
The dials turn. Needle dial turns. The cylinder in the back is removable as if it were a power cell. Made hollow for electronics.

Work in progress picture.

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Very detailed work. You don't happen to be an art director or property master for the film industry do you? If not, you may have missed your calling.

Rupert T. Firefly

New in Town
I am a senior model maker at a rapid prototyping company. I have worked in the toy and collectibles industry and have had my work appear in the Big Bang Theory as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation. Working for movie studios isn't something you want since you are out of work 3 to 9 months out of the year and there are always people saying they will work for free just to be a part of it all. A rapid prototyping shop in L.A. wanted to hire me but only wanted to pay me $12 an hour. He said so many unemployed refugees from Hollywood sent them resumes and the only edge I had was my versatility but even that wasn't going to get him to pay more than $12 an hour which in L.A. if fine pay....assuming one enjoys living in a cardboard box, doesn't need to eat or have social life, and doesn't need to save for retirement.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner