Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's Mallory Fedora (6 7/8 - 7) BSHW Refurb

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1950’s Mallory Fedora Hat Size 6 7/8 - 7

This lovely brown w/ rust trim Mallory was refurbished by Bob Jessee of Black Sheep Hat Works in autumn of 2014. A new sweatband was installed and Bob’s signature “Halo Trim” edge was put on the brim. Felt, ribbon, wind trolley and liner are original. In great shape for its age and ready for a new lifetime of service atop its new owner’s noggin.

Just shy of a size 7 at 21.9” inner circumference (if you are between a 6 7/8 and a 7 this will fit fine). Sweatband is new and supple so it can take a stretch to get a size up if necessary.

4.5” Crown

1 5/8” Ribbon with contrasting wind trolley

2 3/8” Brim with decorative edge stitching (Halo Trim)

$120 Shipped via USPS Priority to the lower 48

IMG_0402.jpeg
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
1950’s Mallory Fedora Hat Size 6 7/8 - 7

This lovely brown w/ rust trim Mallory was refurbished by Bob Jessee of Black Sheep Hat Works in autumn of 2014. A new sweatband was installed and Bob’s signature “Halo Trim” edge was put on the brim. Felt, ribbon, wind trolley and liner are original. In great shape for its age and ready for a new lifetime of service atop its new owner’s noggin.

Just shy of a size 7 at 21.9” inner circumference (if you are between a 6 7/8 and a 7 this will fit fine). Sweatband is new and supple so it can take a stretch to get a size up if necessary.

4.5” Crown

1 5/8” Ribbon with contrasting wind trolley

2 3/8” Brim with decorative edge stitching (Halo Trim)

$120 Shipped via USPS Priority to the lower 48

View attachment 258192 View attachment 258193 View attachment 258194 View attachment 258195 View attachment 258196
I was doing a search for contrasting wind chords and this thread came up.

That sweatband is far and away the most attractive replacement sweatband I have ever seen. Do you have other sweatband replacements from Black Sheep Hat Works and are they all this nice? This looks like a sweatband that came out of an early fifties Stetson 20 or 3X (as far as the quality goes, I don’t mean the faux size adjustor in the back).

I have two sweatbands that need replacing but I’ve been waiting for someone who has nice sweatbands and does good work. I’ve been very disappointed with two separate replacements I had done in the past.

I will do a FL search for Black Sheep Hat Works when I get a chance (I am familiar with them already, just obviously not familiar enough).

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW