Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1959 U.S. Navy wool peacoat, size 42

Gamma68

One Too Many
Here's a vintage U.S. Navy peacoat, tagged size 42, in exceptionally nice condition.
  • Smooth outer Kersey wool shell, deep midnight blue color
  • Tan corduroy-lined pockets
  • Double row of stitching above the cuff with single row of stitching at the cuff
  • Foulard buttons, six-button front (showing)
The inner tag is faded, but from what I can make out it appears to date from 1959, based on the faint contract number and the info in the "Peacoat Dating Guide" on this forum.

I went over every inch of this coat with a wool brush and couldn't find a single instance of moth tracking or a single hole. The lining is in excellent shape with no tears.

One issue: there are two missing buttons. I happen to have a matching spare button that I'll include with the coat. Spares are readily available and inexpensive (Google "U.S. Navy peacoat buttons").

Because this coat is in such fine condition, it would never leave my wardrobe if I fit into it. Unfortunately, it's a bit large for me at a (tagged) size 42.

Measurements
Chest: 22.5"
Sleeve: 26"
Length from bottom of collar: 32"

PRICE: $110 including CONUS shipping.

IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0601.jpg

ThatDudeOrion

New in Town
I also need one of these, posted a WTB thread about it a while back, needless to say, if anyone has a similar coat to Gamma’s I’ll buy it, or at least be third in line behind Jon and Cornelius

mrgrumpy

New in Town
I just bought one on eBay, tagged M, and it’s way too big for my 1.75m 74kg frame. Available for resale to anyone quite a lot larger in UK for £20 plus shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB