Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960s Bradlees Sweaters

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Here's some great finds I got over at Goodwill the other day. Three of the four sweaters are Bradlees, one of them being marked Bradfield instead. The fourth is not made by or for Bradlees and is marked Sedgewick. I've never found deadstock sweaters before, and these ones really are interesting. They're all larges or extra larges, but fit much more like mediums or even smalls (I can fit comfortably into a size 36/37 sportcoat and it won't be snug really at all.) I looked up the logo on the Bradlees ones and it seems that they are all pre 1964.

58GFPjU.jpg

Bradfield
klNYWCu.jpg

GscOQY2.jpg

67ziTkx.jpg

S61zDfq.jpg

Sedgewick Sportswear
YhkJX6D.jpg

TN1m5IO.jpg

GxxV4Gf.jpg

Bradlees
AGfzvXL.jpg

t6Vx4gD.jpg

Bradlees
3LkcwPp.jpg

zZ9oRno.jpg

8tGtdMg.jpg

mj0oyrn.jpg

dw2K0zd.jpg

MondoFW

Practically Family
Awesome sweaters! If I found these I would have thought they were more recent repros! Finding deadstock items for a bargain is a thrill. The crew neck with orange stripes is definitely something I'd wear with flannel slacks and a tie for a collegiate look. Great finds.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great finds, Retro! Those sweaters remind me of album covers of the great singers of the time: Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis, etc. My older sister had all those albums, and whenever I stayed home sick from school I'd lie there listening to the songs and studying the covers. It might be fun for you to find those covers (you probably already have), and take some pics of yourself in similar scenes. I remember a lot of fireplaces. Anyway, all the best.

D

Deleted member 16736

Great find. Those Italian-made all-wool sweaters are killer. And the black and gold v-neck sweater you're wearing reminds me of Dr. Smith from "Lost In Space." Incidentally, there was a Bradlees in my hometown. I think they went out of business a while ago, but I'm not sure. I remember it because it was in the same shopping mall as Mr. Pizza.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Great find. Those Italian-made all-wool sweaters are killer. And the black and gold v-neck sweater you're wearing reminds me of Dr. Smith from "Lost In Space." Incidentally, there was a Bradlees in my hometown. I think they went out of business a while ago, but I'm not sure. I remember it because it was in the same shopping mall as Mr. Pizza.
Bradlees was owned by the same company that owned Stop & Shop and they went out of business in 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112