Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1962 Skyline Clothing Corp. MA-1

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
Hi, guys, I just thought I'd share my latest acquisition with you. Just took delivery on this super clean 1962 MA-1 from Skyline Clothing Corporation and I'm very excited! This thing is in great shape. Really beautiful. Maybe a total of 3 little nips on the knits, a couple of spots on the nylon, and that's it.

This is my first true vintage flight jacket and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm really struck by the heavyweight feel of it. The wool/cotton interior lining makes quite the difference over my old 90s/early 2000s Alpha from the Army Navy store with the polyester lining. It's really substantial on all fronts, from the nylon, to the zipper pull, to the pocket linings. But I'm sure you guys know all that already, ha.

The fit is pretty slim. My old Alpha is a Large and I always thought the fit was kind of baggy. This is a Medium and it's pretty trim, but I think it looks like the right size.

The seller had pretty good pics so I'm including those. Will try to take some fit pics later this week, if anyone is interested in that.

Anyway, I'm over the moon, so just wanted to share my happiness with y'all. Even the price was great!

Attachments

• ma11.jpeg
    ma11.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 403
  • ma12.jpeg
    ma12.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 314
  • ma13.jpeg
    ma13.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 301
  • ma14.jpeg
    ma14.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 318
  • ma15.jpeg
    ma15.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 336
  • ma16.jpeg
    ma16.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 345

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, guys, I just thought I'd share my latest acquisition with you. Just took delivery on this super clean 1962 MA-1 from Skyline Clothing Corporation and I'm very excited! This thing is in great shape. Really beautiful. Maybe a total of 3 little nips on the knits, a couple of spots on the nylon, and that's it.

Great jacket! I have the Buzz Rickson's repro of it and it's a wardrobe staple.

Wearing my Stetson Asher- Inwood today.

Wrong thread, I think!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aloysius, I would love to see that Buzz version and how it compares!

I double-checked and I was mistaken. My MA-1 (in the William Gibson/Pattern Recognition colorway) is the 1957 Lion Uniforms model, not the Skyline. I think Skyline was on my mind because I've been looking at Skyline N-3Bs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot