Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 more Akubras, crease advice please!

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Nice job on the crease on the BOTP! Sometimes the crease that works best is one you find all your own.

Just for fun, here's a web page where you can look at a Gus crease from several angles. I also like a sample of what David Morgan did to westernize a Bushman. You might want to accessorize your BOTP with a hatband, such as one of DM's hand-plaited of kangaroo hide (shown), or hand-plaited horsehair:

836_1606_lg6.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Indy Cop...

Gotta go with the others and let ya know that the Campdraft seems dead on perfect to me. That's good work...nice hat.

AND, thanks so much for getting your Akubra Platoon in formation. That pic is a big help for myself, and I would guess others, that want to compare Akubra colors. Very appreciated.

As for Crossed Sabres...I'm a Crossed Rifles guy myself ;)

465674448_wz7k8-Th.jpg

Edited to correct: "sabres"

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:

As for Crossed Sabers...I'm a Crossed Rifles guy myself ;)

465674448_wz7k8-Th.jpg
I like the crossed sabres for the civil war look but yes I wore the Crossed rifles for 4 years too!11 Bravo!:D I do have an infantry blue cord also.

On a side note this was my first creasing using steam.I definitely would use caution for anyone else trying it for the first time also. Before the hat was long oval and loose enough I could pull it all the way down over my ears. After the steam I noticed it was a little tighter and the long oval had come out some. A little wearing out in the rain seems to have helped it.

indycop said:
Ok I steamed it in and will let it be for now. I may work on it some more in a day or two.
Better?
GEDC0289-1.jpg

And my new pin for it!

GEDC0292-1-1.jpg
Pard, that is muy bueno! That brim looks good, love the M1 pin, too. Most excellent! Have to post in the Western thread! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Lovin' that M1 pin...I picked up a Flying Tigers AVG pin the other day...Trying to figure out which hat it will go with....[huh] :D
I expect to see it in the pins thread today!! Then I will let you know if you need to send it my one!:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
IC, As noted, great job on both Akubras. I hope you post(ed) your BOTP in the Western Anyone thread. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot