2 x 5 Star leather “fit jackets” Free!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ton312, Dec 15, 2020.

1. ton312

ton312

Inspired by other members generosity and seeing how 5 Star is taking off, I think this could be a useful thing to do. I have two jackets that I’d like to see folks use as fit jackets, to be passed around the forum and maybe help people guide their own projects. All that is required is the shipping fee. Let’s call it $15 each. If you are outside conus we can figure it out.
    The first is the first jacket I had Shawn build for me. Didn’t work out for size or style. Tagged a size 46” it fits more like a larger 44”. Seal brown steer with red drill liner:
    CED0EBD3-4A8A-421E-95D6-0246B1F4B4A8.jpeg BBF986DE-F270-45EB-9872-4514205D1E62.jpeg
    The second is this red russet goat Californian. I absolutely love the style but the color just isn’t for me. I’ve tried to convince myself otherwise and have failed. I’ve already got this one queued up for a rebuild in seal brown.
    A35CC001-9CC0-4437-A5FB-31E5E1B7F3B5.jpeg C7B89EB5-2BB5-4871-848A-E91E8E609D07.jpeg
    Ideally these will be passed around to multiple members. That said if someone gets ahold of one and really loves it, maybe that’s the end of the line. If not, bump this thread and let these guys travel. I’ve been pretty fortunate with jackets of late and I also need the space for incoming stuff. Hopefully this takes off and people can eliminate some of the guess work out of their builds! Or....just wear a nice jacket and pass it along the same way when the mood strikes!

2. ton312

ton312

Russet Cali is off to a new home!

jonesy86 and tweedydon like this.
  3. tweedydon

tweedydon Call Me a Cab

This is a FANTASTIC idea!

ausreenactor and ton312 like this.
  4. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

That's super nice. I'll just happily watch these go around. The russet jacket looks really great.

tweedydon and ton312 like this.
  5. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Interesting concept. Fun to see how it works.

ton312 and tweedydon like this.
  6. ton312

ton312

Both Stars are moving to new galaxies. I’m looking forward to seeing how this progresses, not only with these jackets but with future builds as well. I love being a part of this great community!

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow Fantastic here Tony!! Great to see this all going on and enabling folks to try out a new line of jackets that most of us do not yet have experance with. :)

8. ausreenactor

ausreenactor One of the Regulars

You should get a kick back from Shawn at Five Star for every jacket that sells as a result of this generous initiative.

Dead set legend! Old Aussie saying.

9. ton312

ton312

LOL. That would be great but if I’ve learned anything at all from my time here...jacket Karma is a thing and I need to pay it forward!

10. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

Really cool gesture ton. So rad.

rad-vinegar-syndrome.jpg

11. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Mate, you are such a cool and generous dude! the TFL is so much better a place with you as an illustrious member and owes you a lot, like the makers you patronise. Well done!!

12. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

So very kind of you. Tis the season as they say, especially the times we are in. Respect

Claybertrand, tweedydon and ton312 like this.
  13. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Great idea ton.

Claybertrand, tweedydon and ton312 like this.
  14. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Daaaaamn, how did I sleep on this? I would have loved to have a shot at the Californian. If my current 5* order works out, that will be next in line to order.
    Awesomely generous of you!

15. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Ton is one of a kind!
    Cheers!

Claybertrand, tweedydon and JustinW like this.
  16. ton312

ton312

I hope these jackets do in fact travel the world! Wear them, get sick of them, pass them along! Will also be a good litmus test for how they hold up!

Carlos840, Robbie79, torfjord and 3 others like this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

TFL these days literally be like...

18. Alexlutov

Alexlutov A-List Customer

Wow

19. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Very good idea and very generous of you, Tony! I‘ve been to many forums (clothing, watches) in the past 10 years but this is the only one I‘m still an active member just because of the members here! There is only one bad thing about TFL...getting too many inspirations for new jackets...

MrProper, Psant25, tweedydon and 7 others like this.
  20. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Just to add to the others....would be helpful to lounge members, and 5-star, to have the "guinea pigs" leave honest (i.e. constructive) reviews of the jackets. I've looked at them for some time but always hesitated due to lack of track-record in the jacket-junkie community. I'd love to hear honest opinions.