Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 x Filson bush safari jackets, style 53, used... approx size 42R

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
For sale two Filson bush (safari) jackets, one green, one tan. Both are the older style #53 which has the box pleat on the back and bellows pockets on the skirts (later models had a bi-swing back and patch pockets). These are used and worn but are both very wearable and look the stuff, like old jeans or an old leather jacket. The tan one is in slightly better condition. Each has the original belt with leather wrapped slide buckles. Both jackets have been laundered and pressed and are ready to go.

Sizing is a bit tricky since the tags don't match. The tan one is tagged 40, the green one tagged 44. Measurements are below. I'm a 42L and these would be best for size 40R or 42R in my opinion (42R if you like a slim fit; the sleeves are a bit short for a Long, which is why I'm moving these on). Note that the tan jacket's shoulders are bit narrower and the sleeves are a bit shorter, but the chests measure the same. For me, these feel the same except the tan one's sleeves are a bit shorter.

chest (armpit to armpit) = 24"
length (bottom of neck seam down back to hem) = 31"
shoulders = 18" green, 17.5" tan
sleeves = 25" green, 24.5" tan
sleeves (underarm to cuff) = 20" green, 19.5" tan

Price for both jackets combined is USD $75 to my paypal. Free shipping in Canada or continental U.S.

Interested parties please send a message via the forum PM system. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points