Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$20.00 Stetson Gunclub Hampshire Club

Wil Tam

Practically Family

IMG_0719.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg

I like the dimensions of this lid but the leather sweatband & ribbon treatment deteriorated so it needs replacement ... the ribbon on it now is from another lid [huh] they tend to migrate from hat to hat in this house :rolleyes: I need to order a couple of sweatbands from Aaron soon ...

----------------
Now playing: Edmond Hall - Royal Garden Blues
via FoxyTunes

Corky

Practically Family
Your ribbons or bands tend to migrate?

Your ribbons or bands tend to migrate?

Hatband Migration can be a serious problem and it must be stopped before it gets out of hand.

Obviously, your twenty dollar hat needs an appropriate, but inexpensive band.

One solution might be to get some Saddle Strings and/or a Leather Bundle and to make your own bands. The initial cost might be a few bucks, but there will be plenty of leather to spare for future projects.

Saddle Strings:
http://www.horse.com/Saddle-Strings-BPN06.html?scode=hfroogle

Leather Bundle:
http://www.horsetackco.com/leather-bundles.html

A stitch or two under the sweatband will keep your hatband in place and cut down on the problem of bands migrating from hat to hat while you're out of the room.

Good luck

Wil Tam

Practically Family
still contemplating

IMG_0786.jpg

new sweat & the lining the at came with the hat ... it reads 'Hampshire Club'
IMG_0787.jpg
IMG_0788.jpg

Found a nice pewter pin in my stash, an Achilles Wing ... too much?
IMG_0790.jpg
IMG_0792.jpg

Just playing around with it for a while deciding whether to cut the brim or not
----------------
Now playing: Beatles, the - Something
via FoxyTunes

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Wil Tam said:
Found a nice pewter pin in my stash, an Achilles Wing ... too much?
...[/QUOTE]

Why do I feel this hat going [I]over the top[/I]?

[IMG]http://www.dw-world.de/image/0,,679498_4,00.jpg

Loose the buckle ;).​

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Wil Tam said:
yeah... I know, but does the pin work? ...

Yes, but only if you don't wear it more than once. It's way over the top. It's too big - too costumy.........

but you are on the right track, I think. Keep the 'hero theme' going. Find a smaller pin that reflects something ancient (the Gods, and philosophers) or something prehistorical. Keep your eyes out for sharp pointy tooled stones. Even flecks can be tied to a twig for piercing bugs....... or decorating hats ;).

denny-family-arrowhead-collection.-2.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I don't mind leather bands on hats like that one - have a few with leather around 'em myself. But yes, that pin is too much and the buckle bit isn't helping the hat I think. I have one hat with a buckled band and I keep the buckle in the back. It's a straight up 'cowboy' hat though.

I've also created bands from leather belts scored at thrift stores. The women's belts are real skinny. The ones that are actual leather and are not thick can work out pretty well for the 50 cents or a dollar I lay out on one. I usually just overlap it with some kind of angled cut and use contact cement where the overlap occurs.

G'luck!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Went and got a trim

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

Proportionally correct .. I chose a vintage 7/8" black grosgrain to make the new ribbon treatment ... now the lid is one that I can put into rotation :D

whadda ya guys think of the finished product?
----------------
Now playing: Cake - Hem Of Your Garment
via FoxyTunes

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Wil Tam said:

Proportionally correct .. I chose a vintage 7/8" black grosgrain to make the new ribbon treatment ... now the lid is one that I can put into rotation :D

whadda ya guys think of the finished product?
...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo286/alienzerox/stetson%20gunclub%20hampshire%20club/IMG_0830.jpg

What, no rocks? It seems we have averted a possible style catastrophe. I dig the 'lived in' look.

Good work, Wil. Good work loungers ;).​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy