Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2007 Langlitz Cascade...

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
I want to dye my Langlitz Cascade also. I don't know if I should go dark brown or black. My base color is slightly darker than yours was. Also it's goat.
0531191340-01.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Helpful way to have "cut down photos" is to use the Snipping tool it he Windows Accessories area in the Start Menu, if using a PC. Just play around with that, you can turn a 16 MB file into a very small one very quickly! :)

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
This is some of the grainiest, most horsehide looking cowhide I've ever come across. Awesome leather.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 560
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 575
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 615
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 559
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 577
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 574
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 586
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 550
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 542

AlexB

One of the Regulars
This is some of the grainiest, most horsehide looking cowhide I've ever come across. Awesome leather.

Really awesome. That’s how you treat and love a jacket. Making history together...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Great update. I see two pins. One is a firefighter related pin and the other a cross.
Background?

Nothing so important. These pins wouldn't go on a new jacket today. The red one is an AMA pin from over a decade ago. The Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of French Patriotism, was on the ring that Magnum PI wore and I was a mega huge Magnum fan when I was in college. I saw the pin somewhere and bought it on the spot. I don't really want em on the jacket anymore but they've been there so long I just leave em on at this point. The jacket doesn't see much wear anymore because it's so freaking heavy so they don't bother me.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nothing so important. These pins wouldn't go on a new jacket today. The red one is an AMA pin from over a decade ago. The Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of French Patriotism, was on the ring that Magnum PI wore and I was a mega huge Magnum fan when I was in college. I saw the pin somewhere and bought it on the spot. I don't really want em on the jacket anymore but they've been there so long I just leave em on at this point. The jacket doesn't see much wear anymore because it's so freaking heavy so they don't bother me.

Thank you.
I love history.
After owning three Langlitz I can only imagine what the “heavy cowhide” is like.
I have a sample of the heavy brown. Rolling on rocks all day may help to break in such a jacket!

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Thank you.
I love history.
After owning three Langlitz I can only imagine what the “heavy cowhide” is like.
I have a sample of the heavy brown. Rolling on rocks all day may help to break in such a jacket!

I had a standard Cascade in dark brown heavy cowhide. It was a beast. What helps is that both my Langlitz jackets fit better than any other high end jacket I've owned...so the perfect fit helps negate some of the weight. I sold that 2007 heavy Cascade a few months ago.

Also of note... after years of wear and being soaked in the rain, etc, my medium weight Cascade (the 'Tommer' pictured above) ended up weighing more than the heavyweight Cascade that got less use.
Cascade.png

sweetfights

I had a standard Cascade in dark brown heavy cowhide. It was a beast. What helps is that both my Langlitz jackets fit better than any other high end jacket I've owned...so the perfect fit helps negate some of the weight. I sold that 2007 heavy Cascade a few months ago.

Also of note... after years of wear and being soaked in the rain, etc, my medium weight Cascade (the 'Tommer' pictured above) ended up weighing more than the heavyweight Cascade that got less use.
View attachment 185485
Wow. Weighed more? Damn.
I do agree, Langlitz custom are the best fitting. Part of me wants a new custom Horsehide cascade and the other wants to try a heavy cowhide.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Was the heavy cowhide that much warmer? Casual or riding?

No real difference in warmth. I rode all year round... would layer appropriately. I wore the straight zip Cascade both on and off the bike, and only wore the slant-zip on the bike... I never felt right wearing it as a regular jacket. Guess I never felt rock n' roll enough to pull off that look. But all in all, not all that much of a difference in weight. My brother has a Cascade in goat... lemme try to find a pic... it's much lighter, although still a pretty flat, boring color. If he dyed his the way I dyed mine it just MIGHT be the perfect jacket!

250486_222836891069292_325925_n.jpg
260146_222836187736029_4455077_n.jpg

sweetfights

Thank you.
You are part of Langlitz history with the masterful dye job!!
It’s amazing how a zipper jacket configuration makes such a social statement!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran