Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2022 - the year of suede?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
There's one just like this (older label, pre-oakbrook) on ebay now for a very good deal. It's a size too large for me but were it a 42", I'd already have it:

I was just about to post that!!

Leigh H

Practically Family
A couple of new suede items just in...

This Cody Rancher Rough Out Jacket i believe is from the 50's, very much a welders type jacket.

GFqDlhh.jpg

wGDSb5Z.jpg

vFqdCmN.jpg
oUFssVB.jpg

And a 60's Levi's Shorthorn Suede Jacket with a Sherpa Lining.

z2ZlAqZ.jpg
fLlxqr9.jpg
zPNA4zn.jpg
SNeDmiB.jpg

Leigh H

Practically Family
A late 60's early 70's Levi's Suede white label, made in Australia. I have another Levi's suede made in Australia (not white lable) which is in a lighter brown and i think a thinner suede.

Apparently Levi Strauss (Australia) Pty Ltd was founded in 1968 and was a worldwide wholesale distributor.

The owner i bought it from who is now an elderly man said he purchased the jacket in London in 1972.

Q1N6BEj.jpg

2Uner6k.jpg

D1J8eWs.jpg

OvSs7rH.jpg

nTaxDD2.jpg

Zue4bDQ.jpg

Leigh H

Practically Family
^^
Quite a collection. This one is perfect, looks a bit longer in the body than some suede Levi's.
yeah i'd say an inch longer than the shorthorn western wear jackets, this measures 24" long from the hem of the collar to the bottom. Size 42.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A late 60's early 70's Levi's Suede white label, made in Australia. I have another Levi's suede made in Australia (not white lable) which is in a lighter brown and i think a thinner suede.

Apparently Levi Strauss (Australia) Pty Ltd was founded in 1968 and was a worldwide wholesale distributor.

The owner i bought it from who is now an elderly man said he purchased the jacket in London in 1972.

Q1N6BEj.jpg

2Uner6k.jpg

D1J8eWs.jpg

OvSs7rH.jpg

nTaxDD2.jpg

Zue4bDQ.jpg

Interesting to see the different shades. I'm always a sucker for the smooth collar variant.

Nice way to build a collection. The Cody Ranchers are very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ