Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

24 Rules For Gentlemen in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A gentleman does not boast about his junk - Emily Post."

Listen to Emily.

I'm not boasting about my junk. I'm making a comment on the mindset of young men. You think about women and relationships differently at 19 than you do at 40. And the desire for sex isn't a modern invention. It wasn't a creation from the Boys In Marketing. The world has known about it, and pursued it, for millions of years.

Last edited:

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm not boasting about my junk. I'm making a comment on the mindset of young men. You think about women and relationships differently at 19 than you do at 40. And the desire for sex isn't a modern invention. It wasn't a creation from the Boys In Marketing. The world has known about it, and pursued it, for millions of years.

But the world doesn't know or want to know about your personal exploits, like:

I was 19 the first time I experienced "manhood", and luckily for me, it was with a woman in her mid 30's. At the time I figured it might be my only shot in life at that sort of thing, so I gave it 110%.

But the world doesn't know or want to know about your personal exploits, like:

I was 19 the first time I experienced "manhood", and luckily for me, it was with a woman in her mid 30's. At the time I figured it might be my only shot in life at that sort of thing, so I gave it 110%.

Some people might. Some people might also have a sense of humor.

In any event, 19 year old boys aren't really men. They might think they are, but their frontal lobes have a long way to go before they catch up with their Other Brain.

That's kind of my point. That "sad, vapid existence" describes every male in the history of humankind at some point in their life. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's the ones who're still whining the whine at 35, 45, or 55 who are the saddest and vapidest. Much like a middle-aged skateboarder -- you know you should just look away, but something about the utter ridiculousness of the spectacle won't let you.

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
As the saying goes: A gentleman never tells. :nono:

I also like the German version: Ein Gentleman schweigt und genießt. (A gentleman keeps silent and enjoys.):tape::eek:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It's a pity they did away with the draft. Calisthenics in the snow at 530 in the morning followed by a cold shower and a dose of saltpeter-laced coffee would do wonders for today's young lotharios.

...doesn't have any effect, trust me. (Vietnam draft ex-101st Airborne)[angel]

As the saying goes: A gentleman never tells. :nono:

I also like the German version: Ein Gentleman schweigt und genießt. (A gentleman keeps silent and enjoys.):tape::eek:

Naturlich. ;)

TheSacredFemme

One of the Regulars
What a lovely, lovely list! Some of the comments underneath were a bit disheartening, but it's really nice to read a modern update that not only includes a good dose of common sense, but also advice on how to treat your fellow human beings- rather than how to treat women so they'll sleep with you! :)

My partner especially liked the, "programming your calendar to remind you to call your mother," and swiftly did so!

It's the ones who're still whining the whine at 35, 45, or 55 who are the saddest and vapidest. Much like a middle-aged skateboarder -- you know you should just look away, but something about the utter ridiculousness of the spectacle won't let you.

Now you got me a little mad, or sad. So I kinda get your drift - but I think more of a 50-70 something guy in a Porsche trying to get attention, although even that is probably unfair as well.

I still do lots of things that are typically for 16 year olds. Are we supposed to shrivel into a corner and die once we get past 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails