Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2nd Bill Kelso A2 Arco 18775 (perfect, again!)

Rijn

New in Town
Well, Bill Kelso has nailed it again. I loved my first custom Arco so much that I ordered a second. Don't roll your eyes; y'all know that glutinous feeling when it comes to bomber jackets. I couldn't help myself. After looking all over and trying multiple brands, I finally found the one that works, and just had to make sure I stocked up ;). See my previous post for details on my quest
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?75802-Bill-Kelso-A2-Arco-18775-after-6-months-(perfect!
So, of course I'm picky and decided I wanted my second jacket to be slightly longer than the first since I typically wear low rise jeans, so I ordered one a little longer. I posted some pictures here:
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/speck117/library/2nd Bill Kelso Arco A2 18775?sort=3&page=1
I admit, they're not as good as the photos of the first jacket, but both jackets are excellent. I would also like to give a shout out to Andy, who handles their customer service and all orders. He is patient, knowledgeable, responsive, and helpful in every correspondence. i've found my bomber jacket company and will remain a loyal customer.

I'm now working on a new project: I'm working with Andy to design a heavier winter jacket that will turn out to be a hybrid between a B-6 and a B-2, with wool or fleece lining, fur collar, and dark seal horsehide. If any one has any suggestions, ideas, please let me know! Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Rijn

thor

Call Me a Cab
Great looking (and fitting) second A-2. Is that the Liberty or the Victory horsehide?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That A-2 looks great. I love the finish, and the collar is very nice.
Sneakers? I wear converse with khaki pants and my A-2's if it's not raining.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Congrats this A2 is the best fitting one I ever saw. They usually have that baggy 90s look to them that I hate. The color combo is fantastic. How mutch longer is the second one?

Converse are fine with anything. They are my go to shoes.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Both A-2's look great. Not too many on this forum seem to post pictures and reviews of their BK's. Good to read your impressions and look at your pics.

w126c

New in Town
Rijn,

How much longer is the second jacket than the first. I'm putting the finishing touches on my BK order right now. Either Perry 16175 or Arco 16160 and thinking about adding 1 inch to the length. Just not sure if that is enough.

Regards,
Brent

Brettafett

One Too Many
Whats the wait time currently? I believe they are out of stock of most hides. Apparently theres an October ETA...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Rijn,
How much longer is the second jacket than the first. I'm putting the finishing touches on my BK order right now. Either Perry 16175 or Arco 16160 and thinking about adding 1 inch to the length. Just not sure if that is enough.
Regards,
Brent

A little extra length can't harm, better than wishing you had more.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars

schitzo

Suspended
I have asked Andy this week, the only hide available is Russet Liberty HH.

What a perfect turn of events. Andy if your reading, fire up the sewing machine and smash out my Westfall!

Truth be told it's about due anyway, but obviously this current drought shouldn't do my turnaround any harm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace