Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2nd Bill Kelso A2 Arco 18775 (perfect, again!)

trapp

Practically Family
If anyone is interested in purchasing a A2 Aero by Bill Kelso straightaway, my Aero 18775 P has just gone on to EBAY last night.
Its also in the Victory horsehide. Hopefully you can see how well it looks both on and off in the photos

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171475435361?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Here's a link to a review I posted here on the Forum

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...l-Kelso-A2-Victory-Horse-Dark-Seal-Aero-18775

Alan

It's totally surreal to read that raving review, look at the photos, and then see that you're selling it 11 months later.

I still haven't cut my teeth on A-2s and this is why.

trapp

Practically Family
Surreal as in strange, uncanny, dreamlike, bizarre.

Paradoxical and upsetting also fit. It's not exactly news on the lounge, but the whole 'chasing the dragon' nature of A2 ownership seems well represented by the mysterious months between the writing of that review and the decision to sell on eBay.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I've been there done that countless times over. Could come down to a minor half or quarter (or eighth) inch that you're not satisfied with. Or just sheer boredom!!! Ether way it's a hellova nice jacket that will make the next owner very happy

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I never judge or question an owner's decision to sell-it's a personal matter. Unless it looks like the owner's making a mistake and will come to regret it.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've been there done that countless times over. Could come down to a minor half or quarter (or eighth) inch that you're not satisfied with. Or just sheer boredom!!! Ether way it's a hellova nice jacket that will make the next owner very happy

Boredom? Wow.... all of these jackets take months to receive... some take YEARS. To wait that long, spend that amount of cash only to move it on out of boredom? Boggles the mind some times....

Worf

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yep. Boredom. Now I may not sell that quickly. But after a year or two and have only worn it a handful of times yeah I'm likely to sell it. Then start the whole ride over again. But then again I like the ride as much if not more than the destination

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
The reason I am selling the jacket is I am done with military jackets.
The last year has seen me go back to my passion of motorbikes and I simply can't wear an A2 on the road.
Whether its on my Ducati or the Norton, I need jackets that not only look good but offer protection (arms, back, shoulders etc)
I have one fairly good bike jacket but I have found another that I have been chasing for a while and that costs.
So not boredom. Not a whimsical moment of madness.
Just a realisation that I no longer have any need for a military cut jacket and as its lay around all spring/summer not being worn (what with another excellent UK summer of weather) I may as well allow someone else to enjoy it and ride the A2 wave.
Anyway it's for sale but if no one wants it -it's no big deal.

Alan
It's totally surreal to read that raving review, look at the photos, and then see that you're selling it 11 months later.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
It's gone so just this one left to empty the wardrobe.
Ha ha, the herd is not being just culled, its being destroyed

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Wowzers! No kidding!! That monarch was pretty much the nicest looking and fitting A2 I've ever come across. Enjoy "the ride" yourself ;)

w126c

New in Town
A little extra length can't harm, better than wishing you had more.

Funny stuff, at least I'm taking it that way. ;) Anyway, to me the jacket that had the added length seems a bit too long. Just me?

I'm waiting on dark seal and was told about 30 days out. Not a problem, seeing that it's taken me six months to even place an order. This would be easier on me if I could order 5 or 6 jackets at a time. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Brent

Rijn

New in Town

trapp,
didn't mean to confuse...I'm not selling either jacket! I'm keeping both.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore