Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30-40's suit - on the lookout

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for the past 2 months for a nice 30-40's black or grey 3pc pinstripped suit in a 40R/32 waist (or there abouts).
so far I've come up empty as I would liek to find one before the upcoming holiday parties.
So if anyone is looking to selling one or knows of a place that has one I'd appreciate it if you could drop a dime and let me know.

Erick

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
Are they very different from those of the 1950s and pre-Beatles early 1960s?

Are you looking for bottom corners curving away, squarish or slightly rounded?

Do you want short roll or a long roll lapels?

SB or DB? How many buttons?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Newish oldstyle?

I have a Polo DB that's about 15 years old but very 30s in style.
41R/35W/32L. Charcoal worsted, grey wide spaced pinstripe.
English tailored, slender padded shoulders, extra flare to the lapel peaks. 6-button front buttoning to the middle.
Full leg, deep cuff trouser. IIRC, it has button-able waist tabs as well as brace buttons and loops.

Write me and I'll snap some pix for you.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I would like a single breasted 3 piece, 3 button. I'm not being to picky besides the colors and having to be a 3 piece right now.

Erick

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
When I searched for the following
"vintage single breasted 3 piece 3 button suit" at a very well known auction site, an item that seems to be about your requirements, with the following title description
"Vintage 1948 Mens 3 piece Wool Suit" appeared on the search list.

Hope that helps.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Thanks Happy Stroller. I'll keep an eye on it and see what it goes for.
For $65 it still looks like a nice suit.
Of course you find something when you're not looking. I found the perfect suit on ebay during the summer but put it off as not needing it then. Now of course I can kick myself. :eusa_doh:

Erick

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not needing a suit? Tisk! I hope you've learned a valuable lesson my friend, you pick up vintage whenever you find it if it's the right size, condition and the price isn't too steep. ;)
You say you're a 40 reg? Well, you're lucky, that size isn't too hard to find but, I'll keep an eye out for yas too.

=WR=

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Well it's not that I didn't need it. Just needed the money for other stuff!

Erick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner