Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30 Year Old Aero M/C Jacket 44" ( more like a 46")

Plumbline

One Too Many
Aero Collectors - this is what a 30 year old Aero Motorcycle Jacket Looks Like. I haven't seen one this old in 25 years of collecting so it's a rare beast!

The Aero Motorcycle Jacket ( following the 1987 commission from Tussauds ) became something of an icon .... however Aero was making M/C jackets before 1987 but few ever come up in good condition. This one has the early 1980's ( Plane Bike & Car) printed ( not woven) label WITHOUT the "Made In Scotland" line and French "Ailee" zipper which places it 1984 or 5 ... given that Aero only commenced in Business in 1981 it's a very early MC jacket indeed.

It has been cleaned with Scott Leather Cleaner and had a VERY LIGHT application of Renapur on a few of the dry areas. Given that it's seen 30 years of use it's in remarkably good nick with othe only signs of wear and tear along the bottom edges of the cotton drill lining which has worn in places .. still not tatty or needing replaced ..... but with a huge amount of character and with the Connolly Steerhide leather ( as used in Rolls Royce, Bentley and Aston Martin Cars) showing why it was such a great hide for this application.

It weighs in at a smidge under 1.7Kg and the leather comes in at 2.75 - 3oz and is fully broken in and soft and supple with the sort of hand only vintage worn leather can have :D

Measurements are as follows ( all taken with jacket zipped and laid flat) :

Back - 27" ( 68cm)
Pit - Pit - 25.5" (65cm)
Shoulder - Shoulder - 20" (50cm)
Pit - Cuff - 17" (43cm)
Shoulder - Cuff - 25" (63cm)
Waist - 21.5" (54cm) ... with belt done up it comes down to 18.5" ( 48cm)

It's labelled a size 44" .. but unfortunately for me ( a 42" / 44" ) it's more of a 46" and will need to go to the ebay ... but I'd rather it went to a collector ( pref. from on here ) so I'm open to offers BY PM PLEASE before it goes on ebay for 7 days tomorrow with a 99p start and no reserve.

Pics in the following posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany