Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s/40s Style linen jacket needed

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking to aquire an linen jacket for Summer wear. I would prefer something with the wide-ish lapels and patch pockets found on jackets from the above mentioned eras. Can any of you fine gentlemen recommend a modern maker that offers something close? I know not to expect the arm holes to be of a proper size...I'm not after that. I just need as close as possible. Also my budget would be under $200. Any ideas (pictures would be wonderful if you have any). Thank you very much. Cheers, Sefton.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I'm also looking for linen items for summer wear. They're awfully hard to come by. I found some cotton/linen blend pants from L.L. Bean that look pretty good, and I am picturing them with a safari style short sleeved adventure shirt. Definitely not the type of outfit that would call for a jacket, but, that doesn't mean I don't want a jacket too. :) I've always had this prescribed thought that if you had a linen jacket, you needed linen trousers as well. I doubt this is federal law, but it just made sense. What other materials could be worn well with a jacket of this type? Cotton I suppose?

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Oh.. jeez!

I wish ya' would have checked out my thread for 30's linen pants. Unfortunately they are sold out. DOH!

A sfar as jackets/blazers- H&M had some nice peaked lapel/belted backs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo