Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$3200 fedora

Barbigirl

Practically Family
According to the March 31, 1941 issue of 'Time' magazine, Edward G Robinson and Melvyn Douglas bid $3,200 for the fedora hat that Franklin D. Roosevelt had worn during his three successful campaigns for the Presidency. They acquired the hat at a special Hollywood auction to benefit the Motion Picture Relief Fund. Both Robinson and Douglas were identified as 'loyal Democrats.' Robinson would later be "grey-listed" during the McCarthy period of the '50s and have to make his living on stage. (from IMDB.com)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
And that is why we can't trust Democrats to make fiscal decisions!:p ;) j/k everyone.

Who'm I kidding? I can't even pretend to be superior Had I money to throw around like that I would buy memorabilia of the other (...*mutters* cooler...) President Roosevelt in a heartbeat. 1+ if its a firearm. Though a hat of his would be cool too.

$$$$$$$$$$!

Remember that charity auctions are used for raising money and that it is the generosity of the bidders we should be commending. Edward G. was a great actor, and man could he play a nasty bad guy!

One more Johnny Rocco doesn't matter in this world.

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Makes you wonder

Makes you wonder what Bush's propellor bennie is going to sell for...

Lorne

Foghat

New in Town
FDR Fedora

$3200 in 1941 would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $42,000 today after adjusting for inflation. Wonder where the hat is now.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Foghat said:
$3200K in 1941 would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $42,000 today after adjusting for inflation. Wonder where the hat is now.

Thanks Foghat, I knew someone in the Lounge would be able to adjust the purchase for inflation. I wonder who is going to buy that propeller beanie as a way of helping Bush get re-elected. We all know he will suspend the 2 term limit legislation because the country is at war and needs him and Cheney to continue pillaging the world, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy