Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

36/80 Size - Not IN/CM?

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
My friend in Europe asked me a question about sizes (although I admitted I'm sadly not familiar enough with women's sizes as I'd like to be) and she was asking me about cup sizes varying from brand to brand.

Then I noticed that 36 is way bigger than 80, unless this isn't inches/centimeters? If not, what do the numbers mean?

Thanks ladies.

Hope I posted this in the right place, as the subforum I'd want to post it in is ladies only

-3PcSuit

Attachments

• 16923473_10155309498092697_416672474_n.jpg
    16923473_10155309498092697_416672474_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
I doubt you will get any replies from the ladies in this section as I seldom (never) see any posting here.

Your question is confusing to me. Cup sizes are AA, A, B, C, D, etc. * They are not stated as "36" or "80." Those would be the "band" sizes.

To find the band size, measure the circumference of the woman's rib cage just under her breasts and add 5 inches. Round to the nearest even number. The result is her band size. If her European band size is 75 centimeters, her American band size would be 34 inches.

To obtain the cup size, measure over the breast and subtract from that number, the measurement under the breast. Less than 1" would be an AA cup, 1" would be an A cup. 2" would be a B cup, etc.

To confuse things, there are at least 3 different measuring systems: European, French, US, and the British may have their own system. The systems in Europe, and the British system, use centimeters, while the US uses inches.

As my wife speaks French, I asked for her guidance on this.

Good luck.
______
* The European cup sizes vary a bit from the US sizes as the US uses double letters from "E." An European "E" would be an American "D."

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
I doubt you will get any replies from the ladies in this section as I seldom (never) see any posting here.

Your question is confusing to me. Cup sizes are AA, A, B, C, D, etc. * They are not stated as "36" or "80." Those would be the "band" sizes.

To find the band size, measure the circumference of the woman's rib cage just under her breasts and add 5 inches. Round to the nearest even number. The result is her band size. If her European band size is 75 centimeters, her American band size would be 34 inches.

To obtain the cup size, measure over the breast and subtract from that number, the measurement under the breast. Less than 1" would be an AA cup, 1" would be an A cup. 2" would be a B cup, etc.

To confuse things, there are at least 3 different measuring systems: European, French, US, and the British may have their own system. The systems in Europe, and the British system, use centimeters, while the US uses inches.

As my wife speaks French, I asked for her guidance on this.

Good luck.
______
* The European cup sizes vary a bit from the US sizes as the US uses double letters from "E." An European "E" would be an American "D."
Thank you. For some reason, I got no notification as to this reply.

UK generally uses inches, too, with shoe sizes being 1 or 1/2 larger than the US but based the same, measurements of length, circumference being inch, as well as suit sizes being seemingly the same.

UK and US women's clothing sizes seem to be arbitrary numbers, though, totally random, can't find any origins as to the sizes.

Appreciate the help from you and your wife :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner