Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3rd Hat: Stetson One Hundred

buler

I'll Lock Up
PabloElFlamenco said:
That's a very nice hat, Buler. Looks almost 1000% the same as the "100" I have, except mine doesn't mention "Stetson 100" in the front of the sweatband. Maybe it was made one year earlier, or one year later.

You mentioned a box, bet it's a square cardboard gold and red affair, covered in some sort of brittle plastic?

Your hat is my size. Mine too lol except not originally: I had it resized.

Paul

Paul, I'm definitely a novice at this. I did find a picture on the web today of a 100 case that was leatherbound, had brass hardware, and had a plastic insert that the hat fit into. Just judging by eye, I would say that was a more recent case than ones like ours.

So its possible that ones like we have are earlier (50's ?) and the ones with plastic inserts are later (60's ?). I'm just guessing.

Does anyone have any ad's for the Stetson 100? I haven't seen any posted.

B

buler said:
Paul, I'm definitely a novice at this. I did find a picture on the web today of a 100 case that was leatherbound, had brass hardware, and had a plastic insert that the hat fit into. Just judging by eye, I would say that was a more recent case than ones like ours.

So its possible that ones like we have are earlier (50's ?) and the ones with plastic inserts are later (60's ?). I'm just guessing.

Does anyone have any ad's for the Stetson 100? I haven't seen any posted.

B

You actually have that backwards. The 50s and earlier Stetson 100s have the "suitcase" hatbox with the plastic insert.
By the 1960s, cases like that became cost prohibitive. The hat would have to cost more to incorporate a case like that. ;)

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
You actually have that backwards. The 50s and earlier Stetson 100s have the "suitcase" hatbox with the plastic insert.
By the 1960s, cases like that became cost prohibitive. The hat would have to cost more to incorporate a case like that. ;)

I tend to agree to the above statement.../Paul

buler

I'll Lock Up
Tag markings...

Here is a better shot of the inside tag with the hand writing. Hard to decipher. Anyone know what it says or what its there for? Just curious.

B

3272389317_6a0b151779_o.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
George B Miller, perhaps a custom order.

The 101 Ranch had a George, not sure of his middle name.

Excellent call carouselvic! Here is someone from Milwaukee with that name. Found this at link: http://www.engr.wisc.edu/eday/eday1970.html. Since I found this in a Milwaukee antique mall, maybe it was his.

Man, I love the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGE B. MILLER

President, Racine Hydraulics, Racine, Wisconsin.

Born, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, February 24, 1916.

B.S. (M.E.), 1938, The University of Wisconsin.

Made significant contributions to the progress of the fluid power industry.

Began his career as an engineer with Racine Hydraulics in 1940, advancing to positions of Chief Engineer, Vice President—Engineering, Executive Vice President, and to his present position in 1965.

A director of the Gorton Machine Company and Wisconsin Metal Products, he is also a member of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of the National Conference on Fluid Power.

He served as an officer in the U.S. Navy for four years, is a member of the Racine Environment Committee, and of the Boards for the Racine Boy Scouts, the Rapids Drive School District and the Chamber of Commerce, of which he is past Vice President.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The Miller 101 Ranch

George Washington Miller....Father

George Lee Miller....Son and a co-owner of the Miller Brothers 101 Ranch Wild West Show

Sorry Charlie I can't connect the provenance to the ranch, but if you are real nice to me I'll go ahead and take that "piece of junk" off your hands anyway. Remember the number to call is BR-549.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran