Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40 yr old Schott B3 257s reporting for duty!

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
The Schott HQ and Jerri replaced my front zipper on my original series 257S B3 in less than 1 week. New brass Ideal zips.

I rarely ever ever zip up this jacket. Too warm. But it bothered me the og zip just wasn't staying shut.

Lightning quick turn around during thanksgiving holidays too!

I reckon this is early 80s since the d-buckles don't have Schott logo. I am second owner for 10 yrs.

Not bad for 40 yr old jacket.

I just treated it to some otterwax salve after noticing the exterior suede and leather seam taping were dry.
20231126_141612.jpg
20231126_141701.jpg
20231126_141719.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_143627_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Looks like a great winter jacket! Gotta love the Schott repair department. I’ve got a 618hh down there right now getting a new belt.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Looks like a great winter jacket! Gotta love the Schott repair department. I’ve got a 618hh down there right now getting a new belt.
Nice.. love the 618hh. What happened to the belt?

The b3 is a beast. 4.8 lbs. I rarely need such a warm jacket in nyc. With a sweater it is overkill. Thus i wear it so few times a yr. I think i will start using it when i walk the dog this winter. This way i can simply throw it over my t-shirt put on a beanie and head out into the cold.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Nice.. love the 618hh. What happened to the belt?

The b3 is a beast. 4.8 lbs. I rarely need such a warm jacket in nyc. With a sweater it is overkill. Thus i wear it so few times a yr. I think i will start using it when i walk the dog this winter. This way i can simply throw it over my t-shirt put on a beanie and head out into the cold.
The 618hh Is a little bit older jacket and the belt was a far cry from what they’re putting out right now…pretty thin and flimsy (and actually a little bit short). The jacket holds some sentimental value to me so I keep replacing stuff that wasn’t so great on it. Already did the collar.

I‘m thinking that B3 would be perfect up here in Maine. Looks really warm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner