Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'40's pin-ups tie

byronic

One of the Regulars
help please, many years ago i was the proud wearer of a blue silk necktie that was tastefully- but also slightly racily- adorned with '40's style pin up girls (clothed of course!), it was much admired at parties and weddings, though understandably not quite so popular at funerals.... however, a house move and a somewhat less than dedicated removal team meant that it went missing, never to be seen again. do any loungers know where i could buy something along those lines? the shop i bought it from closed down a long time ago.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
i got my dad one a few yrs ago...white satin with a pin up girl on!
friend got it for me, cannt promise but when im uvisiting at xmas ill see if i can find it for you!
have seen one or two on ebay!! but not very often!:(

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Although they can be a bit spendy-imho-there are currently several ties of this type from this vintage dealer I've done business with:

www.american-vintage.net

I have nothing but good things to say regarding the transactions I've personally had with AV, although others here on the FL may disagree, as I am aware of at least one person that had an issue with items purchased from them.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
I found one at the Goodwill. Mine has a nude inside the lining, damn racy nude at that.
It is a pretty fun piece of neckwear to have, I'll admit.

byronic

One of the Regulars
Trotsky said:
I found one at the Goodwill. Mine has a nude inside the lining, damn racy nude at that.
It is a pretty fun piece of neckwear to have, I'll admit.
Hmmmm....that sounds just the ticket, if it's discreet. pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the 'Goodwill'?

byronic

One of the Regulars
Ah! thanks for enlightening me B.F. i enjoy traipsing round the local charity shops looking for hidden treasures and knowing that my not-so-hard-earned shekels are going to a worthy cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24