50 Unexplainable Photos

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by LizzieMaine, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

No, "you dirty rat, where's my meatloaf and apple pie, see!"

2. VintageEveryday

VintageEveryday A-List Customer

this is like something out of Ms Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

3. Zemke Fan

Zemke Fan Call Me a Cab

Low tide transport on the Bay of Fundy...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Trenchfriend, scotrace and Zombie_61 like this.
  4. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

It was a gentler, more wholesome time...

[​IMG]

BobHufford and vitanola like this.
  5. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I wonder if they got one of those "Your Name in Headlines" newspapers free if they succeeded?

6. Story

Story I'll Lock Up

7. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

^ Oh yeah, definitely a cell phone; the evidence is irrefutable. :rolleyes: My money's on "looking at a sea shell he found in the sand".

8. 3fingers

3fingers One Too Many

I have seen a number of these photos purporting to be of people holding cell phones, hence "proof" of time travelers.
    I've decided that people who believe this kraut have no comprehension of someone holding an object that does not have a tiny screen in their hands and examining it. I'm not sure what that says about modern society, but whatever it says isn't good.

vitanola and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

To say nothing of the fact that the main reason to travel in time in the first place is to get away from cell phones.

10. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

It's "conditioning". People see a photo like that, mentally compare it to their personal experiences seeing something similar in modern day, and somehow create a connection between the two regardless of how implausible it might be. I'm sure there are people out there somewhere who would convince themselves the article isn't tongue-in-cheek, but most of us would conclude the far more plausible explanation that the man in the photo was simply examining something he found in the sand.

vitanola likes this.
  11. Story

Story I'll Lock Up

... or winding his pocket watch.

12. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

There you go--another perfectly plausible explanation. If that was video, we might see him hold it next to his ear and shake it. :D

vitanola likes this.
  13. p51

p51 One Too Many

Agreed.
    If you were a time traveler, would you draw attention to yourself with a cell phone in the 1930s (assuming you could even get a signal anyway)? Of course not.
    This is the problem with history, many people can only see the past through their modern perspective. PC-isms have shown us the dangers in that line of thought.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  14. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

You're assuming humankind in general will become wiser and more intelligent as time passes. Let's say we survive long enough to not only figure out how to time travel, but that it eventually becomes as commonplace as taking a vacation. I wouldn't expect every "tourist" to play by the rules any more in the future than they do now.

But that's irrelevant, because by the time we humans figure out how to time travel (if we ever do) cell phones will be as obsolete as the methods hominids used to communicate 14 million years ago. Besides, even if some form of cell phone exists in the distant future and someone travels back in time to our modern day, who are they going to call? :D

15. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

That’s what I call great reception.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  16. 1967Cougar390

1967Cougar390 One of the Regulars

Here are some unexplained hieroglyphs. The images were found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple, located south of Cairoand the Giza Plateau.
    75F0C4F5-6B51-48FF-9D76-6D2CF491458D.jpeg
    2444EC95-A73C-43C3-AC47-7C5583EFA32C.jpeg
    The last couple of post talked about time travel, so looking at these photos makes myself say HMMMM....;)
    I know I went really, really, really extreme golden age here! :)
    Steven

17. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Translation: "Duty-free is for chumps."

vitanola, Tiki Tom and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Okay, Lizzie’s translation made me laugh.

vitanola and Zombie_61 like this.