Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50s Bash ?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm seeing this term on hat sellers sites

can anyone clue me in a what style this is ?

they will give you options like

open crown
pinch front
open road
50s bash

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
As a shot in the dark, the 50's bash I believe would be something along the lines of a teardrop type bash, which is not the same as a c-crown bash (another classic).

tommyK

One Too Many
Sounds like the seller did 5 minutes of research and started throwing around terms he read in hats that sold high.

tommyK

One Too Many
Here we go;

open crown
_DSC1015_zpsc5f06c56.jpg

pinch front
_DSC1018_zps96fea3f5.jpg

And it's an Open Road from the 50's.

50's bash could be anything, they did all kinds of different shaping of hats. Watch some movies on TCM from the 50's. You'll seen big brims, medium brims, stingy brims (late 50's), centerdents, teardrops, diamonds, anything and everything.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Here we go;

open crown
View attachment 29284

pinch front
View attachment 29285

And it's an Open Road from the 50's.

50's bash could be anything, they did all kinds of different shaping of hats. Watch some movies on TCM from the 50's. You'll seen big brims, medium brims, stingy brims (late 50's), centerdents, teardrops, diamonds, anything and everything.

I know what open crown and pinch front are

but they are offering "50's Bash" as a style to have steamed into your hat .... was just curious if that was something common because I had never heard of it

see it here in the "style" drop down

http://www.jjhatcenter.com/collections/stetson/products/the-stetson-stratoliner

rogerstg

A-List Customer

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Apparently it has a context specific meaning to JJ hat center. "50's Bash" in and of itself doesn't refer to a generally agreed upon terminology.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot