Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

618HH Review w/ Fit Pics

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Hey all,

After many purchased and returned jackets I believe I've found the one that will take me into riding season this year. The 618HH arrived today and it's beautiful. The horsehide is amazing, check out the shot below of the arm which shows the creasing after a few minutes of wear, just stunning. I've had a 118 in cowhide and a 613 in steerhide also, neither compares to the quality of the horsehide Schott uses. Beautiful texture.

The jacket fits great, and if you're considering ordering one please feel free to reach out as I had a tough time deciding on a size but in all my purchases and returns I think I've learned a thing or two about how to size these jackets and would be happy to lend advice to anyone interested. Also thanks to Monitor specifically, for answering a few PM's I had sent in my trying to find the right jacket. This forum is the bomb. Enjoy the pics.

PS: The collar I had purchased back when I owned a 118 and has been collecting dust since then. So happy to see it back on a jacket again and to anyone who owns a perfecto, rides a motorcycle, and hasn't tried the collar yet. Do yourself a favor.

image9.jpg
image8.jpg
image7.jpg
image6.jpg
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's really sharp. The trial and error process seems to have served you well. I'm a big fan of the snap on collars.....I look forward to seeing some evolution pics once you have had the jacket for a few months,,,congratulations once again.

Damo

A-List Customer
Congrats!! That's one nice looking jacket and fits you really well. Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind answering. What's your height and weight? What size jacket did you get? I've always been concerned that these jackets would be too short on me. I really like where it sits on you. Not too long or too short. Thanks in advance

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great fit like tailored for you on the shoulder and body size. very intense creases there on the sleeve already

Perfection! Your jacket fits you so much better than mine did! But they had to have updated the fit, the sleeves appear trimmer (sleeves on my 618 were really baggy) and it certainly looks a lot less roomy around the chest... Or maybe I just wasn't built for this jacket? Either way, perfect fit and a perfect jacket! Glad to know I was of some help and man, good thing you didn't listen to my advice to go with size 40.

Sleeve shot reminds me of my 618HH, which I really miss... I was constantly impressed with the leather. It was aging so beautifully, and quickly. It started showing grain after only a week of wear and by the time I decided to part with it, the jacket didn't even resemble that shiny, vinyl-ish jacket I pulled out of the box when I got it. Such a shame it was too big...

Damo, this one is 25 inches long. They keep the same length for a few size numbers, I believe sizes 38 to 46 are all 25" long.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Congrats!! That's one nice looking jacket and fits you really well. Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind answering. What's your height and weight? What size jacket did you get? I've always been concerned that these jackets would be too short on me. I really like where it sits on you. Not too long or too short. Thanks in advance

Of course man. I'm 5'10" and weigh 185. My chest is 43" and my waist is 36". I purchased a size 42. The true chest on the jacket is is 45.5 approximately. It depends on how much the gussets stretch but that's the closest measurement I can give, personally any more than that and I feel like I'm swimming in a jacket. If the waist were smaller I maybe could go bigger in the chest but this is the best chest/waist combo for my size.

Length is like 24.75, sleeve length is 25.25. Waist is about 40-41" which is my only gripe but with a thicker sweater it's not bad.

Honestly love the jacket, I'm wearing it now as I type this on my phone on the bus after a night out. Jacket kept me warm all night.

Monitor: my arms/chest are very big so the arms are quite snug, I'm an amateur boxer in pretty good shape so usually the arms on clothing are too tight. This is actually very snug in the arms and could be the cut or my arm size not sure but I love how it fits.

100% recommend to anyone in the market for a new jacket

Damo

A-List Customer
Of course man. I'm 5'10" and weigh 185. My chest is 43" and my waist is 36". I purchased a size 42. The true chest on the jacket is is 45.5 approximately. It depends on how much the gussets stretch but that's the closest measurement I can give, personally any more than that and I feel like I'm swimming in a jacket. If the waist were smaller I maybe could go bigger in the chest but this is the best chest/waist combo for my size.

Length is like 24.75, sleeve length is 25.25. Waist is about 40-41" which is my only gripe but with a thicker sweater it's not bad.

Honestly love the jacket, I'm wearing it now as I type this on my phone on the bus after a night out. Jacket kept me warm all night.

Monitor: my arms/chest are very big so the arms are quite snug, I'm an amateur boxer in pretty good shape so usually the arms on clothing are too tight. This is actually very snug in the arms and could be the cut or my arm size not sure but I love how it fits.

100% recommend to anyone in the market for a new jacket

So were pretty much the exact same size. I'm 5'11" with same weight, chest and waist.

Yes I also wish that the waist on the schotts were a bit smaller too. Once again congrats on such a nice jacket.

Oh, well, that explains it. I'm an amateur illustrator in a pretty bad shape so not much in arms to fill the sleeves. lol

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Fit is spot on and the jacket has the right lenght and the collar looks great. Nice purchase!

I own a 118 and love it. I dodged the 618 becose of the ''one size up'' shennanigans... How mutch did the fur collar set you back? Looks quite functional to me.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
So were pretty much the exact same size. I'm 5'11" with same weight, chest and waist.

Yes I also wish that the waist on the schotts were a bit smaller too. Once again congrats on such a nice jacket.

If you're the same size you need to buy this jacket. It's beautiful and given the price on sale at legendary (25%off with codes SCHOTT15 and RETRO) you should buy it now if you're looking.

Waist can be slimmed down by a tailor should you feel the need but it's really not bad.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Fit is spot on and the jacket has the right lenght and the collar looks great. Nice purchase!

I own a 118 and love it. I dodged the 618 becose of the ''one size up'' shennanigans... How mutch did the fur collar set you back? Looks quite functional to me.

118 is a beautiful jacket as well and coincidentally was the first riding jacket I ever bought! I actually bought this collar for that jacket and it was a great combo. Got the collar during last years 15% off schott sale so it was like 60-70 I think. Get it 25% off at legendary right now if you're looking tho, won't find a better price.

Damo

A-List Customer
If you're the same size you need to buy this jacket. It's beautiful and given the price on sale at legendary (25%off with codes SCHOTT15 and RETRO) you should buy it now if you're looking.

Waist can be slimmed down by a tailor should you feel the need but it's really not bad.

Didn't know about the RETRO code!!! I was leaning towards the 618 steer in brown. Really like the look of yours in black tho.. Decisions, decisions.. man life is tough... Yup the misses is going to love yet another purchase!!!! Thanks bud

Last edited:

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
you can't. I tried to combine the schott and comeback rebate and it dosen't work.

Thanks American Iron! I had no idea you could pop up the colar with the faux fur on.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
can't seem to combine both codes when checking out.. how did you do it?

My fault. I bought the black stallion from legendary and ended up sellin it on eBay but once you spend 500 or more with them you become part of the "500 club" which gets you 10% off for life. I was able to combine that with the schott15 code but I couldn't use the retro code cause they said I couldn't use three codes. I assumed any two would be fine but I guess that's not the case, sorry for the misinformation!

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
you can't. I tried to combine the schott and comeback rebate and it dosen't work.

Thanks American Iron! I had no idea you could pop up the colar with the faux fur on.

Yea man I always pop it while riding. Pure wind resistance. I'll take some more pics to show you how it looks in the back when popped.

LouisBailie

Banned
You can get that discount and more off by getting prices from the two dealers one in Balt MD and the other is Dave on PA border...got a Schott 118 size 54 NEW 575 . Both discount this way all the time....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24