Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

618HH Review w/ Fit Pics

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
you can't. I tried to combine the schott and comeback rebate and it dosen't work.

Thanks American Iron! I had no idea you could pop up the colar with the faux fur on.

Hey man, thought I'd toss up a few pics of how it attaches because I remember when I considering buying one I searched high and low for some front and back pictures of how the snaps line up but couldn't find any. If you're curious, these should help. Side note: The collar is ONLY made in steerhide and they don't offer a (or at least without a custom order) horsehide leather variant. I don't really care but others might.

Included are shots of the jacket with collar attached, two pics of the back which show how the grain is beginning to pop, several showing how the collar attaches to the jacket, and one with my arm out the window showing how the creases are setting in.

Have I mentioned how beautiful this leather is? lol

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg
image7.jpg
image8.JPG

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Thanks Americaniron for those extra pics! Now I have a clear idea of how the colar works.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm really impressed. It makes me seriously think about the legendary usa black stallion. I think it's the best value quality d pocket on the market.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
I'm really impressed. It makes me seriously think about the legendary usa black stallion. I think it's the best value quality d pocket on the market.

Have owned that jacket as well, can confirm.

In fact, if they still had it in a size 40 I probably wouldn't own this 618HH right now. Size 42-46 are left. If you can fit that, buy it. Amazing jacket.

Can anyone compare the Schott and Aero horsehide? Especially those who have broken in both brands.

Will try. Schott breaks in and gets softer and more pliable much faster than Aero hh. It really gets buttery soft very soon. Unlike Aero's hh, Schott is tanned all the way through, with a very shiny protective coat on top. Both hides are 3oz thick, though oddly so, 618 isn't as heavy as Aero's MC jacket, which is exactly the same style. Both hides end up with a similar amount of grain and character, although Aero's hh will eventually start showing hues of amber and brown which looks pretty cool. Both Schott and Aero hh perform equally great in the rain.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Jacket continues to break in well, as I've worn it every day since it arrived and even slept in it a few times. New battery for the bike will be in on Thursday, and I'll be out riding in it for the first time on Friday. I'll update maybe monthly to show the jacket's progress and hopefully document the wear of Schott's horsehide. Enjoy!

Jacket.JPG

See how quickly it breaks in? Mine was like that after a month or so of constant wear, except that it wasn't as shiny anymore. It will just keep getting better.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Hey guys, quick update after a month of wear on the 618HH, which is about 600 miles on the bike with how the weather has been. Many light drizzles, no thorough soaks as of yet though. She's definitely breaking in beautifully.

Images in scrollable sizes follow below, but you can view them in much larger pics here http://imgur.com/a/M24VY

And you really should check them out in full resolution via that link, because the grain is fantastic.

0udT5R8 - Imgur.jpg
hU9QWAH - Imgur.jpg
wExIGKE - Imgur.jpg
xBGWq5p - Imgur.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24