Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/8 Long

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Probably not too well. A 7-1/8 long oval has the same circumference, and is still designed to fit a 7-1/8 head, just a longer one. So for a 7-1/4 head, it may fit front to back, but the sides would be too narrow, and the hat would be too small overall.

duggap

Banned
It would be really hard to answer a question like that. There is so much difference between hat makers that it is really hard to say for sure just what size you might be. The only way to know if a size smaller in a long oval is going to fit is to try it on beforehand. Hats can be stretched but usually only one size difference. Not much of an answer but it is the truth.[huh]

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hiya Dietzatron

...and welcome to The Lounge from a fellow resident of the greater Knoxvegas metro area, there are a number of us here 'bouts...
...regarding your question, I am a 7 3/8 & I routinely buy and stretch/steam 7 1/4 size felts to fit me and there is no reason you couldn't do the same. I do not think a 7 1/8 LO would necessarily fit you right out of the box, but it could certainly be made to fit with a minimum of effort and equipment... my .02

... and good luck on your Whippet hunt, lemme know if you turn up any 7 3/8 - 7 5/8...

Dietzatron

New in Town
I have a Stetson Royal De Luxe in regular 7 1/8 that I'm able to get away with wearing by sitting it on the top/back of my head. I just wasn't sure if a 7 1/8 long oval Stetson might fit a bit better. The ideal of course is 7 1/4, but those pickins' are slim! Just trying to expand my options in a pinch...

NonEntity

Suspended
First, there will be headaches, then seizures, hallucinations, and, before long, you'll be stark raving mad.

But, hey, if the hat looks good, then it's well worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart