Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

75 years at the Oxford: Which Flick to Pick?

Which film would you rather see on the big screen?

• Casablanca

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • It Happened One Night

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

olive bleu

One Too Many
GUE12_Oxford75_475x240.jpg
[/IMG]

Halifax’s only single screen theatre, the Oxford, is celebrating 75 years of movie going. The Oxford opened its doors in 1937 on the corner of Quinpool Road and Oxford Street. To celebrate, they will be screening iconic films from the past 75 years.

The first Film will be something from the 1930s/40s..and we get to vote.. i have untill the 28th of June to make my choice, which one should it be? :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've seen Casablanca on the big screen, and it was great. I think it has just a little bit more spectacle than the other two, tho Mr Smith has great senes in the Capitol Building. And It Happpened One Night has great scenes taken on location in rural California. Really, I'd love to see any of them.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Casablanca would probably be the biggest crowd pleaser -- it did very well when we showed it here -- and Mr Smith wins the appeal-to-lost-populism vote. But my favorite is It Happened One Night -- a film that wins over even the most hardened "I wont sit thru a mouldy black and white movie" crowd.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I've seen all three films several times, and I do like all the films, however, the only one I own is Casablanca, and I really think given the choices Casablanca is the film to go with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy