Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8 1/2 Mallory...all fixed up

big kahuna

Familiar Face
Remember the before...a vintage Mallory homburg masquerading as a fedora..
HPIM3852.jpg

I just got it back from the hat Guys in Oakland...he brushed it up, resewed in the original sweatband, reblocked into a homburg...FOR AN EXTREMELY REASONABLE FEE!!

Heres a few views:

HPIM3872.jpg

HPIM3876.jpg

It really has a vintage look..It has a tall crown...about 6 inches...and I am 6'5". It is a way big hat....and it fits!:eek:

...but dang...it does look good, if I might say so my self. I never thought I'd like a small brim or any homburg, as most look like party favors on me.

Thanks again, Dinerman, for offering this gem.

Wesne

One of the Regulars
Wow, that looks like a great hat, and it really seems to suit you. Congratulations!

J.B.

Practically Family
You just got a promotion to Ali'i...

The profile shot seems to indicate that all kapu has now been driven from that old Mallory! :D Looks like they did a super job.

big kahuna said:
...I never thought I'd like a small brim or any homburg, as most look like party favors on me...

emogrinningroflgg5.gif

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Great job. It looks really nice, and I'm glad you're happy with it. Would you mind posting a picture of the insides? I want to see how they put the sweat back in.

MattJH

One Too Many
I still can't believe there's such a thing as an 8 1/2 Mallory. That's great.

Also, I love homburgs. I've never worn one, I just think they look awesome. Hold on to that hat to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails