Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

99 Cent Stevens Deluxe

Stoney

Practically Family
I picked this Stevens hat up a few days ago on ebay. It looks to be late fifties to early sixties.
The felt is of a long haired variety and very soft. The hat is very light weight.

There was a 4" C crown in it when it arrived. Pretty funny as the hat was so shallow I could not get it onto my head before the top of my head hit the center of the hat. I opened it up to 4 1/2 inches by rebashing it with a very shallow center dent.

These are the results:

Left-1.jpg
Front.jpg

liner.jpg
Stevens-Top.jpg

Deluxe.jpg

Stevens1.jpg

Hey nobody else bid on the hat, so it went for 99 cents.

I have another Stevens with a tall crown in Charcoal with a Blue wide ribbon.
It is definitely older and has a very unique liner. The two Stevens hats that I have are well made.
Anyone else have some of these that they would like to share?

Errr, Yeah I forgot that I have three Stevens hats. Geez, I cant even keep up with the count myself.

Stoney

Practically Family
C-Crown.jpg

This is what it looked like before. Note that the crown was 4" tall, at the lowest point, and the depression at the back of the hat was about 3/4" . That left about 3 1/4 inches to get your head into the hat. LOL

Ande1964

Practically Family
I hope to hell it's not a 7 5/8. The only hat I have from my grandpa is a Stevens, and I've been dying to get another that I could actually wear.

Anj

Ande1964

Practically Family
No problem. I'm relieved I didn't miss one in my size.

Here's what my grandpa's Stevens looks like.

Anj

grandpa_hat.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
Ya gotta love that wide ribbon on there.
It's a dandy! The hat looks to be in fine shape and fits you quite well.
I wouldn't be afraid to wear it as long as it was during nice weather,
although I'm sure that keeping tabs on it would be high on my list of things to
do. It was be a shame to lose your Grandfather's hat.

;)

Ande1964

Practically Family
Thanks! It's actually in rough shape. You can't see them too well in the photos, but there are moth problems galore. I just hate to risk having it damaged more, so it's usually stored safely.

Someday, I'll find one as nice as yours in my size!

Anj

Stoney

Practically Family
Bolthead,
Yours looks pretty good. I haven't seen much discussion about Stevens hats here on the lounge. Yet Every Stevens hat I run across impresses the heck out of me.

I'm really glad you didn't see this one, or there would have been a bidding war.... ;)

A Stevens Pacesetter. It has a 5" crown (bashed) wind cord, super light weight felt , charcoal in color with a blue ribbon. I love this hat.
The liner in this one is the most unique that I have.
Dinerman and I were the only ones bidding on it. He let me have it
for a mere $11.50.

Wearing.jpg
liner.jpg

Side.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran