Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$99 MTM Linen Suit. Could this be true?

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
whitelinensuit.jpg

This place is offering made-to-measure linen suits for only $99. You can even get surgeons cuffs and a ticket pocket at no extra charge.

Seems just too good to be true. Anyone had experience with this outfit?

Geesie

Practically Family
A quick look around the internet suggests that the quality is varied, at best. At worst, it's terrible and they put up fake good reviews.

$99 seems way too cheap to be of good quality.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is your company give them a buzz......*

Harry fashion
606, V.K Ind Est, Pais Street,
Byculla(W), Mumbai 400011
India
Tel: +91 22 23004790

They also feature this toy plane because [they've] "made it like a child's play for you to ENJOY!!"lol lol :p :p

jetty2.gif

*please send me the 99 bucks if you are looking for something for nothing..:D :D

filfoster

One Too Many
Too good to be true

Geesie said:
A quick look around the internet suggests that the quality is varied, at best. At worst, it's terrible and they put up fake good reviews.

$99 seems way too cheap to be of good quality.

I am reminded of Sanjay Surri for militaria at bargain prices. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

"Nice things cost money" -Oskar Schindler, 'Schindler's List'

Geesie

Practically Family
I've gotten clothes made in Hong Kong and the Mideast for great bargain prices but not $99 for a suit.

Maguire

Practically Family
I just won a linen suit on ebay for 10 bucks. I'm waiting to see what the quality is but worst case scenario it still can't be too bad- i already got one on ebay that was mixed linen/cotton for 79.99 with a pricetag of 299.99.

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
For $99, you'd be crazy not to order.

Unless of course it's terrible. Which it probably is. Pure speculation of course.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I fear I'd assume it should be filed under 'too good to be true'. I do have a very functional cotton/linen mix jacket and trosuers I bought in Marks & spencer last year for about the same price the pair. Great, old-school look with a reasonable waist (50sish in height by my reckoning, not true old-school high-waisted, but not that vile, modern 'six inches south of the natural waist' fit either). Ideal for wearing in hot climates / taking travelling (mine served admirably teaching in Beijing last May, as well as for a trip to the Beijing Opera). That I did have the opportunity to try on first.... I don't know I'd have risked it otherwise.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I just read the ad. I dont trust it just from the wording - sentence structure, improper capitalization - marks of incompetence at best, and shysterism at worst. Just my .02 fwiw.

Edward

Bartender
True, I wouldn't be inclined to deal with a business that has such a poor apporach to advertising copy. at best, this can often be indicative of a poor grasp of the English language. While this should be no slight on their character and certainly does not mean they cannot produce a quality product - I have a beautiful pair of corespondents which were handsewn by a craftsman in Beijing who can't speak a word of English but produces stunning shoes - it could prove a severe problem when communicating as regards details of something as complex as a suit, and with as many options. With my cobbler, I was able to point to a shoe he had on display, and by this means of sign language and pointing we were able to agree on the two leather colours to be used. With a suit, that could be a severe barrier..... not to mention doing it by (e)mail.... Add in then the price bracket, and, well....

Actually, this sort of advertisement puts me in mind of the number of palces I have seen in Beijing offering to make and deliver to your hotel a suit, "hand made", within twenty four hours. A lot of tourists are talked into buying into that, but really, it's not a good idea. The end result will typically be a suit that isn't up to much at all, quality wise; really, what they end up paying for is the nolvelty of the speed of production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn