Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 and G-1 Jackets for $99 (Marked down from $249-$289)

Jorgeaguilera

One of the Regulars
Gee.... thanks Atticus and goodtimesgone for the pics and the info, I've decided for an Orchard, and I think is very interesting-enlightning what goodtimesgone has said about the DLA number ends. First I thought those jackets with shiny lining were an earlier or something like that, now I realize they weren't. I have another question... Did all the issued Orchard jackets come with the velcro attached or is there a chance I can get one real issued orchard without velcro?

By the way, what do you think about this jacket
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380358402993&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Thanks again for your time

Regards

Jorge

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
All of the current issue A-2s that I have ever seen, regardless of brand, came from the factory with Velcro receivers attached. In fact, they are sewn onto the jacket's shell before the jacket's lining is installed. I would think that all actually issued '92 Orchards would have receivers or stitch marks where the receivers were removed.

AF

Post Edit: Bingo! I think the jacket in the link is the real deal. Old Scovill zipper, what appears to be nice, thick goatskin, light brown cotton lining, normal amout of wear on the collar tips, velcro receivers that appear to have been used...it all adds up in my mind to being an actually issued Orchard.

Last edited:

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I just looked at those pics on your links and that is absolutely a genuine issued Orchard a-2. The grain on that one is identical to mine and it has the velcro receivers as Atticus noted. I read on that forum where a guy questioned the lining pocket. Well, issued Orchard a-2s did have that pocket. Both of mine do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy