Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 Horsehide, bespoke Japanese suit, Pendleton wool shirt

tjoek

New in Town
A2 vintage front quarter horsehide jacket size 38. $200 + postage

This is an awesome jacket.
I've re-treated and restored the leather at Jeeves of Belgravia (cost me $100+ already).
The patina is incredible and the leather is broken in already.
This is my "to go" jacket and the reason for selling is because I've just commissioned a new horsehide jacket.
The zipper is Conmar.

Measurements:
Armpits 20 inch
Shoulders (across back) 18 inch
Sleeve 23.5 inch
Length (from neck seam) 23.5 inch

Pendleton wool shirt jacket Small size.
The quality is very nice. Unlike other flimsy wool shirts, this is very thick and strong. In my view (I owned both Pendleton and Woolrich), Pendleton makes a better woolen shirt than Woolrich.
This is also from my personal wardrobe. Reason for selling is I've too many jackets.

$50 + postage

Measurements:
Armpits 20 inch
Shoulders 17 inch
Length (top-bottom) 27.75 inch
Sleeve 23.25 inch

PendletonSmall02_resize.jpg

All prices are in USD. Australian buyer will be free of postage.

tjoek

New in Town
Hand Tailored Navy/Royal Blue Japanese Bespoke
Two Button Patch Pocket Suit (Full Canvas, Single Vent)

The suit is hand-tailored considering the hand pick-stitching on the lapel, hand pad-stitching under the lapel, hand-sewn sleeve button (not surgeon) and the way the trousers were tailored. No material label inside and the only information available is the tailor's name only.

Suit is lightweight with high waisted trousers style. It is probably worsted wool considering the nature of the fabric. Fully lined of what appears to be satin material. The coat is cut with a high arm-scythe (known as high armhole) and despite the light weight fabric, the suit drapes down nicely and suitable for spring/summer.

- The coat, seems to me, is alteration free while trousers seem had been altered at the waist.
- As this is in vintage condition there are three flaws I spotted. There are two small (0.2cm) moth holes, one on the right sleeve (not obvious) and another at the back trousers, as well as one button at the right back pocket of the trousers needs to be replaced but I believe these are minors.
- Hand pick-stitching along the lapel
- Hand " pad-stitching" under the lapel.
The tiny holes refer to “pad stitching”, rows and row of tiny stitches to keep the canvas flat to the underside of the lapel. This is done before the facing gets attached. (The "prick [or pick for the prudes] stitching" around the front edge, is the very last finishing touch to a jacket.) In a traditional hand tailored jacket, they are all done by hand. Alternatively in a cheap suit this is fused, i.e. glued to the fabric. Most manufacturers of good suits employ a blind stitch machine for this task. Have you seen a machine made blind stitch on the trouser bottoms? There nothing is visible on the outside, but on the inside you have a nylon thread forming loops. That is the same way many manufacturers attach the canvas to the lapel underside. Then the underside looks rather smooth and does not have the little dimples of a truly hand made construction.
- Hand stitching sleeve button
- Chestnut button and "key" button hole
- Trousers are high waisted style

Measurements:
Armpits 21"
Sleeve: 25"
Shoulders (across back): 17.75"
Length (bottom of collar): 30.75"
Trousers Waist: 30" (I'm not an expert however I believe there is additional fabric to let out that is sewn inside, happy to take additional picture if you want to see it)
Total Length: 42.5" (additional 2" if you let down the cuff)

$170 ($145 if you want the coat only) + postage

tjoek

New in Town
now on eBay

volatile said:
Hi Tjoek - looks like you're the same size as me... how's the suit fit on you?

Hi,

I'm a 36S (being a 166cm) and the suit has a loose fit on me but the length is too long. I don't mind with the loose fit as I can bring it to a tailor and tape it down to fit me however with the length, it is harder.

In my view, the suit is good for someone who normally wear 36 and 38 and wearing regular length. 36R can wear this with some adjustments in the coat while 38R can wear with minimal adjustments on the coat.

Hope this helps :)

volatile

A-List Customer
tjoek said:
Hi,

I'm a 36S (being a 166cm) and the suit has a loose fit on me but the length is too long. I don't mind with the loose fit as I can bring it to a tailor and tape it down to fit me however with the length, it is harder.

In my view, the suit is good for someone who normally wear 36 and 38 and wearing regular length. 36R can wear this with some adjustments in the coat while 38R can wear with minimal adjustments on the coat.

Hope this helps :)

Well then, I'm very interested. How much postage to the UK? I need to evaluate my finances! :)

tjoek

New in Town
on eBay now: http://shop.ebay.com/10200602/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Now on eBay with no reserve price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran