Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 jacket patch identification

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found this on-line somewhere:

Staff5HamiltonFld.jpg

dean

macar

New in Town
Responding to query as to colors of this patch. They were yellow and black. My father, Kenneth Walker, kept that jacket with him throughout the balance of his career. It was returned to us with his personal effects after he went missing during a bombing mission of Japanese shipping at Rabaul, New Britain on 5 Jan 43. Sorry, I just realized that what I was remembering was the patch that was on that jacket when it returned from Australia. It was the 18th Pursuit Group's patch, yellow shield with a black crowing rooster in the center. I do not in fact know the colors of the patch on the jacket he is wearing in that photo. On a related matter, I remember that my father was very conscious of his appearance. He wore Peel Boots (bench made boots sold by Brooks Bros.) and had his uniforms tailor-made. There's a photo of him wearing those boots during a medal ceremony at Port Moresby, New Guinea. Anyway, I'm afraid this off-topic, but would be happy to answer any questions that might concern him that you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda