Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A better Mousetrap?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
A few weeks ago one of my clients and fellow Lounger sent me an item that I am really intrigued with and hope to incorporate into my business. It is a hat retainer with some neat ideas. 1. , it's spring loaded, 2. it can be used as a mild stretcher, 3. can be placed in the hat and hung on a wall.
I've made some suggestions to the maker but am interested in what you gents think and what changes, if any, should occur. I plan on offering this in the future as an extra when a custom is made.
Any thoughts?
retainer_1.jpg

retainer_2.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perhaps the wood could be wider so it covers more of the sweat. Is it heavy?
I like the fact it has a spring.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
A few weeks ago one of my clients and fellow Lounger sent me an item that I am really intrigued with and hope to incorporate into my business. It is a hat retainer with some neat ideas. 1. , it's spring loaded, 2. it can be used as a mild stretcher, 3. can be placed in the hat and hung on a wall.
I've made some suggestions to the maker but am interested in what you gents think and what changes, if any, should occur. I plan on offering this in the future as an extra when a custom is made.
Any thoughts?
retainer_1.jpg

retainer_2.jpg

Darn! I opened this thread thinking it was an actual mousetrap! We have a small mouse problem at my house, and your post title seemed so helpful in a timely way!

lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks folks, thats exactly the suggestion I made to the maker. I asked for it to be 1 1/4" total thickness instead for the current 3/4". As a shape retainer I think it's pretty cool. Oh, did I mention that he will make them directly from the conform of your head so they will be personalized?

squid

One of the Regulars
I hope you will also offer them to us who can't (yet) affort one of your custom hats. One of these would make a great Christmas present for my wife to buy me...

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Aaron, you're right and why it intrigues me.

Squid, I am in discussions with him to make "generic" retainers also so it sounds like a good gift to me also. In asking about a needed price point he said he will try to keep it under $30 and maybe adjust the design to be able to. At this point I don't think that neither he nor I know where it's going to land.

Fedora

Vendor
Oh, did I mention that he will make them directly from the conform of your head so they will be personalized?

Yes, that would solve the problem that occurred to me.(a one size fits all scenerio) I think it is a great idea. I may just have to buy a hat from you Art so I can get me one of those!! Of course mine would have knots in diverse places around the perimeter! lol Again, great idea!!! Knotty Head Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk