Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A bit of color.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Here is a really clean original color photo of an early war B-17 pilot. Looking at the windows, looks to be a B-17C or D model.

More to come!

Root.
1a35161r.jpg

STHill

One of the Regulars
Those are great, Root. It always looks strange to me when I see color pictures from World War II. It's just stuck in my mind that WWII happened in black and white.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, I find it funny that the color photos and films from that era seem to have come out over the last few years. When I was a lad, I remember only seeing B/W films of WWII and such. The only color I saw were those bad colorized B/W flicks. Glad you like. I'm going to be posting some more in here soon so, stay tuned.

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, not to sound like a bitter old bitty but, I posted these photos for you AAF guys! The least you guy can do is say something about them.

So, if you wish to see more, you start adding something to this trhead!

Root.

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
My apologies, Root..

Some fantastic shots you have there-thanks for taking the trouble to post them. Where are you getting them, if you don't mind me asking? They look like the sort of thing Jeff Ethell had in his books-I have several of his-all full of WWII colour shots.

hatguy1

One Too Many
I don't know what you mean by "AAF guy" (former, re-enactor, everyday American citizen who appreciates WW2 history?) but I like your pics and just now saw the post. But, I'm "new in town" re TFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn