Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "Buy it Now" impulse purchase!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Peacoat said:
FL, now that you know the jacket is not black, you will need to sell it so you can get what you really want. I would like to have that jacket, so keep me in mind.

Well, I should get it sometime next week. If it doesn't work out for me color or size wise, I'll send you a PM and let you have first dibs.

regards fedoralover

Edward

Bartender
James Miller said:
Fedoralover,

It should fit. I have the measurments wrote down somewhere. I understand about the wife I got one of those to. when I told her I would like another jacket for Christmas she.. she.. is still giving me that look!

Dad always refers to that as "all picture and no sound".... lol

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Nice jacket! Great history to go with it, as well.

One of the features of this forum I enjoy most is it gives us a place to 'crow' a bit about our finds and purchases and get happy feedback instead of sideways glances, shrugs, or rolling of eyes. And, it is satisfying to find a sweet deal. Hope the jacket fits perfectly, f.l.

Happy Thanksgiving.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Another one!

I was looking through some of my vintage project jackets. Guess what I found another one almost like the one Fedoralover just bought. Only thing is that this jacket has a straight yolk and not the v shaped one like posted above.

I'll may start to re-store this one but the sad part is it's to small for me. I wear a size 48 it's just to hard to find the vintage ones in my size I have a couple but still hard to find with the horsehide worth saving.

Wish me luck ! I hope this one will turn out as nice as the others.

Peacoat

Bartender
James Miller said:
I was looking through some of my vintage project jackets. Guess what I found another one almost like the one Fedoralover just bought. Only thing is that this jacket has a straight yolk and not the v shaped one like posted above.

I'll may start to re-store this one but the sad part is it's to small for me. I wear a size 48 it's just to hard to find the vintage ones in my size I have a couple but still hard to find with the horsehide worth saving.

Wish me luck ! I hope this one will turn out as nice as the others.

So don't keep us (me) in suspense! What size is it? I mean, I don't just research and write about peacoats, I am into vintage leather jackets as well!

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Size?

Peacoat said:
So don't keep us (me) in suspense! What size is it? I mean, I don't just research and write about peacoats, I am into vintage leather jackets as well!

Peacoat, I think the shoulder to shoulder is 18'' and the armpit to armpit is 22'' I'll check to make sure. I was looking at the jacket again and if you look at the one the fonz wore in the second season it's a dead ringer. even the stitching of the pockets. It's not like the fonz jackets that was made by cooper I know I have ten of those jackets sizes 38 thru 44. This one is made by California and thats the only ( collar) tag I can find. I just wish it fit me.

The one Fedoralover won should still have the cloth tag in left pocket, It was there when I got rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred