Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A challenge of sorts - can you help me find this tanker?

Edward

Bartender
I'll not break any house rules by providing links etc, but interesting to note I saw a BR Tanker selling on eBay today which had the 'Bickle' stenciling on the back, though it was missing the patches. It was WW2 style, with the original blanket lining so not screen-accurate. Interesting to see it, though. No idea whether it was that way as new, or someone's personal project.

A full-on repro model is on my wants list still, but it's gonig to be some time before I can afford it as I've broke myself on an AN6552, and I'll be wanting an Irvin or B3 or such for next Winter!

NeilMcCauley

New in Town
That's interesting. Unfortunately, I can't find the one you mean on eBay. I'd like to see it though. A quick update on the status of my search: I've now ordered a Real McCoy screen-accurate Travis Bickle Jacket from http://www.realdeal-rd.jp/, through Juno's middleman service. Cost a lot, but I'm sure it'll be worth it! It should arrive in late April or early May.

Edward

Bartender
lol If I manage to get one eventually, I'll probably end up wearing it out some Halloween with a full on Bickle costume - being a shaved head sort, all I'd need would be a strip cut from a cheap wig and some toupe tape. ;)

Edward

Bartender
Neil... if you're out there still... would have PM'ed you, but you're not at the 15 posts yet...

Wondered whether you'd gotten the Tanker by now - would love to see photos. Actually, was also wondering where you'd picked up the patches - I think you said before you ordered the jacket you already had the patches? I've developed a notion for doing a cheaper project for now - the M-65 that Bickle wears in the shoot-out sequence. Found the jackets selling for round thirty quid, but not been able to track down the patches yet...

EDIT: Never mind, realised you'd said when I reread the thread. D'oh!

NeilMcCauley

New in Town
Hi again.

I've had the jacket for a few months now (received it in April). It's great--spot on. I'm really happy with it. I'll try to take some photos of it and post them. Until then, here's the site I (or Juno) ordered it from:

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.realdeal-rd.jp%2Fmccoy%2Ftd6102.htm&.intl=us

I might have posted that link before though.

The patches you mentioned cost me about £20 including postage. I also got the 'We Are The People' badge. There are a few differences between the patches you can buy separately and those featured on the jacket above; the ones on the jacket are pretty much 100% spot on. The separate ones differ slightly, but only a real obsessive (like me) would notice the difference.

Edward

Bartender
NeilMcCauley said:
Hi again.

I've had the jacket for a few months now (received it in April). It's great--spot on. I'm really happy with it. I'll try to take some photos of it and post them. Until then, here's the site I (or Juno) ordered it from:

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.realdeal-rd.jp%2Fmccoy%2Ftd6102.htm&.intl=us

I might have posted that link before though.

The patches you mentioned cost me about £20 including postage. I also got the 'We Are The People' badge. There are a few differences between the patches you can buy separately and those featured on the jacket above; the ones on the jacket are pretty much 100% spot on. The separate ones differ slightly, but only a real obsessive (like me) would notice the difference.

Cool, thanks. How did you go about ordering them - were you able to do it okay with a Google-translated version of the site? How did postage on the jacket compare to postage from the US, say?

NeilMcCauley

New in Town
To order the patches I just emailed them in English. They responded in English too - even offered me extra fast postage, which I accepted. The postage for the jacket was probably about £35. Can't quite remember, but it was around there. :) The whole thing, including Juno's fee, was about £300, which is expensive but worth it, at least for a big fan of the film such as me. :)

Edward

Bartender
NeilMcCauley said:
To order the patches I just emailed them in English. They responded in English too - even offered me extra fast postage, which I accepted. The postage for the jacket was probably about £35. Can't quite remember, but it was around there. :) The whole thing, including Juno's fee, was about £300, which is expensive but worth it, at least for a big fan of the film such as me. :)

Cool - comparing that to the high end repros here in the UK, that isn't at all bad.... :)

NeilMcCauley

New in Town
True. I'm used to paying about £50 for a jacket off the high street though, so 300 is pretty steep for me! Exceptional circumstances...:)

Edward

Bartender
Heh, well, yeah.... my idea of what is a reasonable price forf a quality jacket has changed somewhat since I got hooked on the looks of WW2 era repros.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot